new closet safe

speedytriple

So was at dicks and they had a stack on closet safe on closeout due to the box being open. Saved about $20 on it it has a pushbutton entry with key back up. Not the biometric finger safe I wanted but for $42 bucks and it holds two guns one on each shelf, with room to spare it will do for now. better then the strong box I was keeping it in with only a key lock(very slow). Now I just have to mount it to the wall into some studs.

ps-515.jpg

The drawer one just screw to the drawer itself. If someone wanted it, they could just rip my drawer out and take the whole drawer. Its more for keeping the kids away from the gun, yet having it close to me at night so I can get to it easy.

For the important stuff we have the Gardall safe that is bolted to the floor. But really the security system is the key to limiting the amount of time a burglar would be in our house, if they even tried.

I had a guy call me to give him an estimate on a security system because he had been robbed. He was away on vacation and someone broke into his home. He had bragged about the nice gun safe that he had all his guns in. It was bolted threw the floor joist and the nuts were welded on. He even belt the bolts at the end so no one could get it out. When I came home from his trip, he discovered that the thieves used a chainsaw to cut the floor of his closet out and then they drug the 6ft tall safe over the hardwood floor and out the front door.

If he had an alarm on the house they wouldn't have had time to do all that. He bought one after that.