We Rode on Saturday

CoolWhip

So on Saturday the weather looked like it would be good so Chachi and I decided to go for a ride. We rode from Columbus to Thornville, then from Thornville to Zanesville. It was my Uncle's Surprise birthday party so we then rode from Zanesville up 83 to Elyria. We stayed for a bit at the party, then rode from Elyria to Mansfield, and from Mansfield back to Columbus. This sounds much more simple than it actually was. We got lost multiple times on the way back, not to mention it was about 40º outside and we had to stop every half hour or so after it got dark to thaw out our hands. We left Elyria at 7:45pm and arrived back in Cbus at 2:00am yea... So we put nearly 350 miles on our bikes in one day. I am sure that isn't very impressive, but I am very new to riding so it is by far the longest I have ever ridden. We decided that from now on we have a 50º minimum and we aren't going on long rides unless it is above 50º for the whole day lol. What do you all think? Are you guys hard core will you ride in cold weather? Or how about in the rain? Part of the reason we had to make the round trip in one day was because we were trying to beat the rain that was coming on Sunday.

I need to have 35+ when I leave for work and 50+ on the way home. That's my litmus test.

And nice work. The only way to go from "new rider" to "experienced rider" is through trips like these!

I've started long rides at 40F, but I sure can feel each and every little increase in temperature until it hits around 45F and higher. 40F at steady road speeds is something most people are not prepared for.

I've started long rides at 40F, but I sure can feel each and every little increase in temperature until it hits around 45F and higher. 40F at steady road speeds is something most people are not prepared for.

I agree especially with as little experience as I have. It didn't feel too bad outside, but when I was riding it was frigid

I rode to work this morning, it was 34* when I left the house. I've found that I can ride comfortably in my cold weather gear (if its dry) down to 19* on my ride to and from work. My commute is 18 miles combined city/hwy and usually takes about a half hour. Rain doesn't bother me unless it is colder than ~ 45*, Then it sucks. It won't stop me, but it still sucks.