Time for an Upgrade

2 fiddy girl

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to use your wife's slow-ass 650R... jerkface. :(

:D

Seriously though even my wife wished she had gone with a 600 or at least an F4i after having it for a bit. The 650r isn't keeping up with a modern 600 and it surely won't keep up with the 1000 :p.

depends on the road/rider. Which brings me back to my point. Has the op considered what she'll be using this bike for? The fastest guys in my group are all on bikes that make less than 100hp.

+9999999999999999999999999

Not that 'fast' counts, but I bet I'm faster on my City X in the corners than I am on my Ninja.

Anybody want a Ninja?

Oh, and if you saw a squid riding down 90 without a helmet on a Cherry Bomb Red CityX, I swear it wasn't me.

Edited by InyaAzz

Depends on the road/rider. Which brings me back to my point. Has the OP considered what she'll be using this bike for? The fastest guys in my group are all on bikes that make less than 100hp.

Yeah, yeah, yeah and we can do that with every suggestion and every comment in this thread and in every other where we are comparing bikes and never get anywhere. All things being the same with the rider the 650R will not keep up with a 600.

Depends on the road/rider. Which brings me back to my point. Has the OP considered what she'll be using this bike for? The fastest guys in my group are all on bikes that make less than 100hp.

I guess that leaves me out as one of the fast guys and a few others. He is speaking the truth though an XB9 will hang with any big bike on the back roads with the right rider.

Buedell, you have been faster on the Buell. I hate to say this but you really don't need that Ninja. I wish I was in the market for one because I would try to steal it from you.

Don't hate to say it. To be honest, I would sell it if the market was right. I put a Buell Select seat on the XB9 and I'm loving it. The can will go off to Hawk for a mod soon...got rid of the mickey mouse ears, and I'll be chopping the cheese grater on the back in short order. The ONLY thing I'm loving my I4 right now is the 0 - 150 in a few seconds. That..and the aerodynamics on the highway. If I had an 1125, I might not miss the balls to the wall acceleration...but then I'd have a fugly ass bike to deal with. :)

So..the ninja stays in the stable for now.

That's right you are behind the times. You forgot about all the new 1125s. You can work a lesser bike to its fullest potential but that's just it, its work. I can ride a 600 just as fast as I can a 1000 on the back roads but its way less work to ride the 1000.

..might be less work, but maybe not as fun?!?!

And..as much as the 1125 appealed to me...the big scoops on the side suck ass. To get that bike respectable, would require some serious $$ from overseas...and I just don't see the point.

+1.

I'd love to ride an 1125 Rotax in an XB frame... it'd be awesome' date=' right up to the point where I shit my pants.[/quote']

Nirvana. That's the bike Buell should have been building from the start...and EB knows it. Throw on some fairings for a race finish.

Here comes the thread jack...

Non-compete is over in Feb of 2011.

mostly joy riding/riding back & forth to school/work. I'm not a track rider or long distance rider yet so maybe 100 miles at a time would be TOPS.

:D

Seriously though even my wife wished she had gone with a 600 or at least an F4i after having it for a bit. The 650r isn't keeping up with a modern 600 and it surely won't keep up with the 1000 :p.

first of all, since when is an F4i not a 600?

Second, where are you people riding that strong acceleration up to 90 or 100mph isn't enough power?

Edited by redkow97

from someone recently upgrading from a 250, I would say go sit on as many bikes as possible. Don't necessarily go by look, or power, or any of that stuff, just find something that fits your body and feels comfortable for you. i got on a LOT of different bikes and also rode several different bikes and to be honest, the only one that i felt 100% comfy on was the cbr1000 .. so i bought it. Yes, i get a lot of shit from people around here for it and yes i know it was a "Big jump in cc's", but seriously it doesnt really come down to what other people say or think. so like i said....... go out, sit on a bunch of bikes, ride a bunch of bikes, and when you find the one that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside...... get it :)

Good luck!

from someone recently upgrading from a 250, I would say go sit on as many bikes as possible. Don't necessarily go by look, or power, or any of that stuff, just find something that fits your body and feels comfortable for you. i got on a LOT of different bikes and also rode several different bikes and to be honest, the only one that i felt 100% comfy on was the cbr1000 .. so i bought it. Yes, i get a lot of shit from people around here for it and yes i know it was a "Big jump in cc's", but seriously it doesnt really come down to what other people say or think. so like i said....... go out, sit on a bunch of bikes, ride a bunch of bikes, and when you find the one that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside...... get it :)

Good luck!

I guess my main concern is ride position...how do you like the 1000 position compared to the 250? Big difference?

Most sportsbikes over 250cc are going to lean you forward more than the two, unless mods have been done to change that, i.e. clip ons, risers, pegs...

Yea, I've thought about that too. My boyfriend put heli-bars on his 05 RC51 he had 2 yrs ago and they made a big difference on that bike, but he seems to think on a 600 it wouldn't make that much of a difference...sometimes I think it would be more comfortable to be a little more over the tank. Guess I'll have to do some test rides! :wheeliezx10:

i dont know what your price range is but i just got a brand new 2009 with 0 miles on it for 9100 OTD. i prolly overpaid a little but i had to have it as soon as i walked in and saw it. and hell yea,.... its pure sssseeeexxxxyyyyy!!!! :sex: