Windy enough for ya? ;) Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

DGTL GRL

Rode in to watch Clash of the Titans today at Movie Taven.

On the way there my husband (riding in front of me) about got taken out by a truck switching lanes on Fishinger all the way acrossed over to the Trueman Rd turn without his turn signal on- right there in the slight curve before Mill Run.

I had to watch out that I didn't hit the hubby who had to brake suddenly even though there was good distance between the two of us I was leaning into my turn and not expecting this braking action to occur. Bike was a bit wobbly acting but I recovered it fine. Thank you BRC.

Anyway... riding home after the movie (Movie :popcorn: was great btw).. WINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY!!!! Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

That was a new one for me. Hadn't rode in winds like that before.

50 mph winds threw my little Honda 750 around like it was a rag doll.

Anyone else have fun out there today in the wind?

Edited by DGTL GRL

Anyone else have fun out there today in the wind?

I was out for a little bit but came home because it was to windy.

Couple times the wind almost lifted the damn bike up off the road!

Yeah that was just crazy windy...

I just played around on roads down in Carrollton ohio area... Second to last corner as I was just a couple hundred yards away from pulling into my parents driveway, I was leanin pretty durn good goin a purty durn good speed (I know every inch of this road lived on it for 8years) and well Mr. Gust decided to BLOWWWWwwwwwwwww across the road and whoa buddy it sucked the bike way lower to the ground and I touched my toes to the pavement....annnnnnnnnd then I decided I was done for the day.

I took the freeway home from Dyno Day. I figured I got enough experience riding in high winds. I behaved, and stayed behind other vehicles to punch a hole in the air. Constant corrections were needed to stay in a lane. And easy on leans, since I've seen wind put a bike onto it's side in corners and turns. I still got caught twice in straight lines, where the front tire jumped over suddenly a couple of inches to the downwind side. Weird. It was like slipping on a tar snake while upright. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I expected much worse. I suspect the sport bag on the tail was like a little rudder, and the wind was hitting that and keeping the bike a bit more upright. But nothing helps when the wind decides the entire bike should move over.

edit: I forgot, at 670 downtown, all the traffic had to stop while debris was cleared from the road. A pickup truck pulled over, and a city kitty happened to be there. I was going to filter on up and help, but they got it right away. Big chunk of construction debris in the lanes.

Edited by ReconRat

Hey Girl! You see it 2D or 2.8D? Heard it lacked in the....shit my keyboard just blew away!

uhh.. they said 3D but really.. there wasn't much.

I heard they did the 3D after the fact.

I put my 3d glasses down for a bit and the movie still looked the same.

The story was great though. I didn't see the previous version of the movie and honestly didnt know much when I went into see it. The hubby wanted to see it.

I enjoyed it though!

The story was great though. I didn't see the previous version of the movie and honestly didnt know much when I went into see it. The hubby wanted to see it.

I enjoyed it though!

I love the old original version, its a classic :p

selling off everything dude?? :(

Seems like it huh? I'm just selling the Vmax to get another bike. Gotta sell my dads bike and Jeep to pay their taxes. He got nailed for taking out some retirement money to pay off debt.

Seems like it huh? I'm just selling the Vmax to get another bike. Gotta sell my dads bike and Jeep to pay their taxes. He got nailed for taking out some retirement money to pay off debt.

f-n gov't!! i wish I had some cashola to help ya out bro...:(