Mid-Late april eat n ride

magley64

I have the 17th open, that's about it, the weekend of the 10th i have a wedding, and the weekend of the 24th I'll be in georgia. (looking fwd to them roads)

so if that doesn't work for most of us, then I guess I'll have to miss this one.

Anybody got any good restaurant suggestions?

Edited by magley64

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 17 looks fine for me as well.....

One thing I learned this past weekend....

People do not like to eat before they ride so maybe plan to eat after the ride for those who want to.

If we want to have a mid ride meal the Barn Restaurant is a really cool place right in the middle of Amish Country in Smithville. May be a good place to loop out to. Fast service and good food with a really nice salad bar.

Edited by garysol1

I plan on doing rides like the S.Ohio, Wv, Pa, N.Y. other weekends in the month. I don't know how people ride but I have one week a month I ride a long 500 something mile in a day ride with a couple guys. I do plan on doing a Kinzua ride again. But I'm going to wait for the weather to flatten out so I know for sure it will be dry. Then the other 3 weekends a month I just do a couple hour ride around the n.e. Cleveland area. This in my mind is to have some riders to do it with instead of doing it alone. My wife and I work opposite shifts and only see each other maybe a 1/2 hr a day. Same with the kids. So every weekend I find somewhere to go and spend the rest of my time with them. If we could expand this to the west side some and get more people involved it would be cool. I personally prefer to ride hard either alone or with a select few people that I'm very comfortable with. So these rides will be about the same or better as the group gets comfortable with each other.. Maybe more groups??? Who knows. I've always been anti social so this will be a new thing for me. But the group was cool and I for one wouldn't mind spending a couple hours with the group once a month on a Saturday. Other wise I'll be doing it alone.

These are some of the places I like to go to. Sometimes late day/ night ride or in the afternoon. Like Geneva (Eddie's), Middlefield (Mary Yoders), Garretsville, Hudson, Aurora, Chagrin Fall's. I can make a 100+ mile loop just going from Mentor to Chagrin Falls and back. I do it every time I go get a coffee. I was thinking a 4-6 hr for these day rides.

What would be really cool- People get involved in this and look for places around there area and leading group through some of there favorite places to a place they know has good food. Then back to where we started from or somewhere different.

Edited by Lost1888
MAn I screwed that all up!

Do we really want you eating on a ride with your sensitive stomach? :p

LMAO trust me-I have a near iron constitution. 'Twas a fluke, I tell ya! :D

edit: I finally (!) got a job-nothing fancy or that great, but I gotta work every time there's an Indians home game. But I'm down for a ride before/after, or whenever there isn't one.

Hopefully the 17th. will work. One thing about me is I will have times I can't make it. So this really is going have to be a group effort kind of thing. I know the April 24th. I'm going to Backlick, for a Ride Ohio ride to eat.

@ gary, I'm cool with ride then eat...

@ lost, that sounds like a really cool idea.

Dweezel invited us to this restaurant called "the warehouse" down on whitewoman st. in Roscoe Villiage. It would be almost a 3 hour ride 1 way (about perfect for me). Another plus is if we set up a specific time to arrive, we could have some of the central people and obviously the coshocton crew meet us for lunch/dinner depending on when we left. (leave at noon, get there around 3, eat, shoot the breeze, home around 8, where as if we leave at 9, be back home around 5, etc etc)

just an idea.

Dweezel invited us to this restaurant called "the warehouse" down on whitewoman st. in Roscoe Villiage. It would be almost a 3 hour ride 1 way (about perfect for me). Another plus is if we set up a specific time to arrive, we could have some of the central people and obviously the coshocton crew meet us for lunch/dinner depending on when we left. (leave at noon, get there around 3, eat, shoot the breeze, home around 8, where as if we leave at 9, be back home around 5, etc etc)

just an idea.

These are the kind of rides that I like to slab it down, ride around there, eat and ride back roads home. It has always turned into a all day 12+ hr. event. Conn-e-rot ninja could tell you all about it. But if that's what you all want to do let's give it a shot.

Once I'm riding time tends to mean very little to me.

Have fun kiddies. That weekend is booked for me.

Word of advice...don't eat BEFORE the ride or DURING the ride. Wait till after, that way anyone in a food induced coma or food induced shit storm can just ride home. Some folks just want to ride ..and then go home and bang the dog and beat the wife. Or something similar. A meal in the middle turns a long day into an extremely long day. We always snack it up during gas breaks...and if anyone's hungry at the end of the ride then have at it.

Just my .02