Store bike in the house?

r6allstar

How many of you guys bring your bikes into thte house for winter storage? This is the first year I have had my own house with extra room for indoor storage instead of keeping the bike in the garage. Is it worth the hassle of trying to get it down narrow hallways and turn corners etc? Also if for some reason we have a nice day late this Fall, it would be a pain in the ass to try and get the bike back out. Should I just stick with the good ole garage storage?

stored mine in the apt i had. until i got a garage, dont think i'll do it this year. i just put mine in the living room, it made it easier to get in and out of the place. i think that if it would be a pain in the ass like you describe, i wouldn't do it.

only the best for my bikes!! no cold garage for them

Jesus guys... Its not a baby. Its a freaking motorcycle. My bike will be in my non-heated garage. I'm taking the battery out and putting it on a trickle-charger. I'm pouring in fuel stabilizer. Then I'm gonna cover it with a motorcycle cover. I've been reading posts about people doing a lot of shit to prep their bike for the winter. Oh yeah, I'll probably put the tires on squares of carpet too. But I've been reading people saying they're going to degrease their chain, drain all the fluids, keep in indoors, etc. FUCK dat. Its in my garage until March.

Jesus guys... Its not a baby. Its a freaking motorcycle. My bike will be in my non-heated garage. I'm taking the battery out and putting it on a trickle-charger. I'm pouring in fuel stabilizer. Then I'm gonna cover it with a motorcycle cover. I've been reading posts about people doing a lot of shit to prep their bike for the winter. Oh yeah, I'll probably put the tires on squares of carpet too. But I've been reading people saying they're going to degrease their chain, drain all the fluids, keep in indoors, etc. FUCK dat. Its in my garage until March.

I agree. Storing it in the house is overkill if you have a garage. Now if I didn't have access to a garage I would store it inside the house year round.

have fun working on the bike in the cold. I have 100,000 sf available so I will use some and the carpet is so I dont get grease or any fluids staining the concrete.

FACK you shitty... I have an dis-assembled engine in my basement right now and the light to work on it sucks even with contractors lights set up.

How are you doing with that engine? If you need to borrow some tools or need an extra set of hands let know?

Engine is split.. looks like bent shift forks. Going to verify tonight with dealer..

Unfortunately, the crank appears to be shot as well. so....

New shift forks X 3.

New crank,

New clutch kit.

Odds and ends pieces like bearings and circlips, etc. Nice thing is that all the gaskets are in tip top shape so I am not dropping another $100 on a gasket kit. I will clean them up, oil them a bit, and maybe use a little liquid gasket as added protection. I thought about re-ringing it but the piston and cylinder is fine. No blowback or anything so Im going to save that $30 for when it needs it. They were also replaced about 15 hrs ago anyway.

Engine is split.. looks like bent shift forks. Going to verify tonight with dealer..

Unfortunately, the crank appears to be shot as well. so....

New shift forks X 3.

New crank,

New clutch kit.

Odds and ends pieces like bearings and circlips, etc. Nice thing is that all the gaskets are in tip top shape so I am not dropping another $100 on a gasket kit. I will clean them up, oil them a bit, and maybe use a little liquid gasket as added protection. I thought about re-ringing it but the piston and cylinder is fine. No blowback or anything so Im going to save that $30 for when it needs it. They were also replaced about 15 hrs ago anyway.

Is there scoring on the crank? I have a runout gauge if you need it