Katana PRIDE!!!

JaysonL

So I did a quick forum search and didn't come up with anything (plus I don't think its ever been done with the way people are around here)....

Who owns a Katana and is LOUD and PROUD about it! :D

Here's the Deal:

Year/600 750 or 1100/Color scheme/How long you've been riding it/HOW MUCH YOU LOVE IT!

Pics are welcome....

(I'll have mine up when I get home tonight)

BTW - Those who have previously owned Kats are welcome to add their name to the list also.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go first:

- Black with factory decals (right now streetfightered, in transition to restoring to as close to "mint" as possible)

- Since about the beginning of March

- I LOVE my Baby (Katie). I treat her right and she puts out in return! I couldn't ask for more :) (although I wish I could say the same for my gf.... :rolleyes:)

I had a '95 Kat 600 with a chromalusion paint job, and a very custom velvet seat. No, I'm not kidding. I rode that thing for three weeks, then got my gixxer.

That'll probably be the next bike I'll be looking at.... Either a GSXR 600, R6, or an F4i. But that'll be a little whiles down the road. Maybe end of the summer, maybe next summer. But, I'm sure as HELL not trading or selling my Kat for it!

First, I can't believe you got any replies to this thread, but since you did, I had one.

It was a decent bike even though it was a little heavy by todays standards. All they are is a 90's gixxer. Whats the deal with all the haterz?

gregsb-day002.jpg

2df6re2-1.jpg

Look Bitches... I own an 06 Black w/ white and silver stripes, and I guarantee that I can pick up any of your bikes and chuck them across a parking lot, where mine I could hardly get off the ground..:D but seriously, I like it just fine. Max is right it is heavy compared to some other bikes but for comfort it is hands down the best..

LoLoL.. I had an XB9 and it never could hang with a liter bike until I sold it to Kevin. He must have had it serviced' date=' or something.[/quote']

Nothing like a good mechanic to make you look fast. Does anyone have a recommendation for one to make me look fast too?

I guess riding a Katana would beat riding a cruiser. At least for the cool factor.

I looked at one before I bought my current bike...it was a 2006 model and I liked everything about it except the weight and the super small rear tire on such a big bike. I have heard those oil/air cooled motors are pretty stout and very easy to work on.

They're here they're queer they take it in the rear! Kan-a-tunas are us.

Don't hate just b/c our flag is prettier than yours! :D

:supergay:

Jayson' date=' try to ignore the hate. Jealousy is a stinky cologne.[/quote']

haha, don't worry, I'm definitely not taking it personally.... It's exactly what I expected. And you're damn right everyone's jealous! :)

I had a 750 back in 1988 in the UK. Dark blue silver and red. It was my first sport(y) bike - it was big compared to my previous bikes at least, solid and fast and kept the wind off me - a real novelty. I rode it for pleasure and commuting every day for a year or so and loved every minute of it. My mate on his Kawasaki GT550 rat-bike and I used to ride around East London drinking and being stupid - how we survived is a mystery to me now.

Long live the Katana!!

Well, I used to have a black 1990 Kat 600. It looked exactly like JaysonL's bike.......It was my first sport bike. I bought it because it was a Suzuki and it was under $2500 when I bought it. My next sportbike will probably be a SV650. Bratkar is taking the class for MC license, so she will end up with maybe a Ninja 250 as her first bike.

I should really take a ride on one before bashing them, but I've never really liked them. The "bubblly" shape of the fairings to accomodate the oil/air cooling never appealed to me. That's in combination with the weight issues others have mentioned.