Katana PRIDE!!!

JaysonL

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I used to have a black 1990 Kat 600. It looked exactly like JaysonL's bike.......It was my first sport bike. I bought it because it was a Suzuki and it was under $2500 when I bought it. My next sportbike will probably be a SV650. Bratkar is taking the class for MC license, so she will end up with maybe a Ninja 250 as her first bike.

SV650 huh ?......cool

I do have my eye on my friends 2003 SV1000. I went to the dealer with him when he bought it new.The bike MIGHT have 4000 miles on it. He is looking to downsize, so I am waiting for him to sell it to me.

Non S? cooooool.

This isn't "katana pride" on my part but a guy I work with claimed he went 175 mph on a 94 katana 1100. I of course didn't believe him so I did some research. Turns out the speedo only went upto 110 on those. I love liars especially when they have no clue what they are talking about and trying to be cool.

Edited by cOoTeR
typo

This isn't "katana pride" on my part but a guy I work with claimed he went 175 mph on a 94 katana 1100. I of course didn't believe him so I did some research. Turns out the speedo only went upto 110 on those. I love liars especially when they have no clue what they are talking about and trying to be cool.

The 1100 should go at least 150.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-series/GSX1100F.shtml

Edited by alienpi
added link

mt first bike was a 1990 Katana... bought it for 200 bucks... rode it for 6 months and sold it for 800 bucks and a zex nitrous system... i had not real compaints about it... it was my first bike afterall.. looking back at it now would be anouther story but it was great to learn on

A friend of mine has a crapatuna.....

I think the reason it gets so much hate is because they TRIED to make it look like a real sport bike, and yet also keep it like a tourer cruiser kinda bike.... BAD COMBINATION.

But anyways... I rode my friend's 750, it is a really comfy ride, and the motor is really smooth, I won't lie.... but damn you can tell she is heavy. But me personally I like CRAZY powerband bikes, it makes me feel like I am riding a beloved twostroke :D

:lol: WTF is that about? Why does the little Kat get so much hate? Are they really that bad? :lol:

Ok, take a guy who really WANTED to buy a GSXR, and couldn't afford it.

You get all the squidly properties of a would-be GSXR owner, combined with welfare stereotypes.

Are the BIKES that bad? no. It's the (stereo)typical (first) owners that can suck.

I'd gladly take a Katana for a street toy. 750 street fighter sounds pretty damn cool actually.

i have one - 06 600, first bike it was blue and white....its painted black diamond ice now and the mrs is riding it as her first bike. No complaints, not fast, not light, great for going around town, great on gas, low maintenance, and bullet proof....

well i guess youd b loving your self have a 89 all stock and my speedo tops out at 180 and all the others ive seen are the same my 600 toped out on the speedo at 160 so research more reliable sources .

So my buddy just bought a '94 GSX 600. Needs some work, so if anyone has any extra parts they want to sell, or whatever, PM me so we can hook up. It's his first bike and it needs a little TLC, but it has a new engine in it and doesn't sound bad, just needs that love and a lot of paint...LOL! Let me know....