Katana PRIDE!!!

JaysonL

I know this without being there, 70 to 80 is the usually pace between curves. If he was going over the yellow lines around the corners then the only way for him to keep up was to ride fast between them. Having someone else chime in won't resolve anything. I am willing to take the heat for being an asshole and calling him out, there is no reason to pile on. I do think he owes the group an apology and I'm glad this issue was resolved here instead of in the original thread.

he did apologize for the record and felt bad about how what happen affected ride. Rick is a good dude.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will whole heartedly agree with this as I just had a conversation with another in the group asking How fast the 5 of us in front were running because he was doing 120+ in the straights trying to keep us in sight and could not .... He was surprised when I said we didnt break 80. Im not going to name him as it was a private conversation, he'll chime in if he wishes
I know this without being there, 70 to 80 is the usually pace between curves. If he was going over the yellow lines around the corners then the only way for him to keep up was to ride fast between them. Having someone else chime in won't resolve anything. I am willing to take the heat for being an asshole and calling him out, there is no reason to pile on. I do think he owes the group an apology and I'm glad this issue was resolved here instead of in the original thread.

I took my corners slower and within my ability which is why I had to speed up on the straights. I swear I thought they leaders were doing over 120. I look at it like this. If I cross the yellow line, that's a no-go and I have failed. This will be my second season riding and my first full one on a 600. There isn't one person on here that is going to make me exceed my abilities. I will learn at my pace but I will learn. Was talking to Todd about trying to get to some track days this year too.

iits cool i didnt need n e one to tell me i went in a little agreesive and should have backed off i think i learned the lesson but i get u p point to so its all good hard lesson learned

With all due respect Rick, that is what UP means by riding over your head. I have done it, and I did Saturday and ended up over the yellow line once (only when I could see nothing coming, and had nobody to follow to see a good line, I'm still learning to pick a line for myself) and once on the ride home, thanks to the wind, again with nothing coming the other way. I know I was in over my head, and I think God above that he kept me safe.

He's not trying to make you look bad by calling you out on it (at least I don't get that vibe from him) but wanting you to be more careful. John and Todd made the point when we stopped at the KFC to start on 79 that you need to ride your own ride, which I believe you did, with a couple exceptions.

I went around a few people, and a few went around me. No harm no foul either way. Although I guess ego might get in the way a bit when a Ninja 250 goes around a supersport, but it shouldn't!

Uncle Punk, you gonna make the next CSBA ride?

I was going to bust on you for not reading the thread, but I see you caught it already.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Where's the fuckin whambulance?

I don't know, but just be sure not to need one out in the Frazeysburg area. Todd might be the one to show up, and I hear he's "less than gentle" :dunno:

With all the shit I get for riding a Busa, if people dont like it when I bash on somebody's bike in return then go fuck yourself.

Heh.. Try riding a Ninja 250 when Jagr's around..... :lol: Gotta have thick skin around the OR community!

he did apologize for the record and felt bad about how what happen affected ride. Rick is a good dude.

I truly believe Rick is a good guy. I think he learned a lesson, and will be a better rider because of it. I look forward to seeing his Kat at the next CSBA ride, which I plan to be attending.

Your already on my list for when you make it down here kid, dont push your luck I know most all of the gravely corners and will probally be leading you. :)

If I didn't know better I might have actually thought you were serious. ;)

I took my corners slower and within my ability which is why I had to speed up on the straights. I swear I thought they leaders were doing over 120. I look at it like this. If I cross the yellow line, that's a no-go and I have failed. This will be my second season riding and my first full one on a 600. There isn't one person on here that is going to make me exceed my abilities. I will learn at my pace but I will learn. Was talking to Todd about trying to get to some track days this year too.

You will learn more at the track safely and quickly. Street riding teaches most people bad habits if riding quickly is your goal and the lessons usually hurt. Crossing the yellow line should be viewed as a crash. I have crossed a yellow in the past few years and it still bothers me.

Wow, this is what I get for trying to be productive today, I miss out on comedy gold like this...

JaysonL, even though the original terms of our agreement were for the end of April, I'll go for the next CSBA ride. I do have to be honest, after going through that and getting the fear a few times along the way, I'm leaning more towards focusing on trackdays in a controlled environment then trying to brave the elements on roads I'm not familiar with, especially given the elevation changes of 541. Jury's still out on this.

As far as planning a ride, I'm the last kid you want to be doing that. I'll leave that to the much more experienced guys. I'm there to have a little fun and to learn a lot more. I've had my fair share of wrecks and don't wish to revisit that again.

Oh, and for the record, here's the approach to rick/snoman's turn.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=New+Milford,+Ohio&sll=40.010787,-82.089844&sspn=25.207669,63.413086&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FQ0zcwIdTsQo-w&split=0&hq=&hnear=New+Milford,+Ohio&ll=40.283021,-82.141449&spn=0.006179,0.015482&z=17&layer=c&cbll=40.283227,-82.141603&panoid=82CduBGSATcsZ4ZrMd4sgA&cbp=12,157.84,,0,5

Track days are a good idea, and I talked a bit to Todd about it a while back, as well. I don't know that I'll be able to do it this year, though. We'll see.

Your already on my list for when you make it down here kid, dont push your luck I know most all of the gravely corners and will probally be leading you. :)

:eek: AND, he knows how to get through them without going down!

Just call the nice lady on the hill and warn her this time? I want to be special and get popsicles next time. :D

I'll volunteer to run out there in advance to deliver some popsicles to have them ready for us! :D

You will learn more at the track safely and quickly. Street riding teaches most people bad habits if riding quickly is your goal and the lessons usually hurt. Crossing the yellow line should be viewed as a crash. I have crossed a yellow in the past few years and it still bothers me.

Since I'm too lazy to try to use the search to figure this out....

Just being curious; How long have you been riding street/track?! JW.

I love posts submitted with all due respect.

Watch out for this guy posting in here, I think he is trying to cause trouble.

Since I'm too lazy to try to use the search to figure this out....

Just being curious; How long have you been riding street/track?! JW.

Five years for track riding and 30 plus years street riding on and off.

I love posts submitted with all due respect.

It's a rare occasion with me. I usually don't care what people think, I just don't want Rick to think I'm calling him a squid, when I was riding harder in a few turns than I should have been. I'm very impressed with that little 250, the tires I run on it, and my abilities to keep it under control, even when I was really close to my limits. The tail end of the medium paced group was about right for me abilities, but they KILLED me on the straights, where 80 felt like I was trying to kill that little bike!

Wow, this is what I get for trying to be productive today, I miss out on comedy gold like this...

JaysonL, even though the original terms of our agreement were for the end of April, I'll go for the next CSBA ride. I do have to be honest, after going through that and getting the fear a few times along the way, I'm leaning more towards focusing on trackdays in a controlled environment then trying to brave the elements on roads I'm not familiar with, especially given the elevation changes of 541. Jury's still out on this.

As far as planning a ride, I'm the last kid you want to be doing that. I'll leave that to the much more experienced guys. I'm there to have a little fun and to learn a lot more. I've had my fair share of wrecks and don't wish to revisit that again.

Oh, and for the record, here's the approach to rick/snoman's turn.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=New+Milford,+Ohio&sll=40.010787,-82.089844&sspn=25.207669,63.413086&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FQ0zcwIdTsQo-w&split=0&hq=&hnear=New+Milford,+Ohio&ll=40.283021,-82.141449&spn=0.006179,0.015482&z=17&layer=c&cbll=40.283227,-82.141603&panoid=82CduBGSATcsZ4ZrMd4sgA&cbp=12,157.84,,0,5

I was listening to some of the talk about some of the tracks that do track days, and it seems mid-ohio has some elevation changes (I have seen them, never been on the track) and might be more help than the flatter tracks.

I was going to post that link, but the blur in the picture discouraged me.

One BIG IMPORTANT thing I learned Saturday from doing, and from watching others, was preparing for the turn BEFORE getting into it. Outside, inside, outside. Don't try to run the center of the lane through the turn, it won't work nearly as well.