Another Katana in Coshocton Thread.

Modern Synthetics

Yep...he just hurt his hand... prob twisted some things..It was rather swollen but then I couldn't tell b/c he has some big hands to begin with LOL. I woulda killed someone for calling the squad for that! (What were you thinking!) The cops came and he got a ticket for wreckless driving! What a bunch of crap! If I go down.... I'll kill someone for calling the squad if I'm not dying! He messed up the right front of his bike but coulda rode it home if his hand wasn't hurting so bad. So ya.. 2 hours later we got him home so he could go to work! LOL ... Poor Moose! Never lock up the back brake!

I called the squad because we were in the middle of no where and he didn't look good, he was bleeding and rolling around wailing in pain, I had no idea the extent of his injuries I figured it was better to have them on their way than to not. Moose is also diabetic, his sugar level was thru the roof when they checked it. I feel bad enough that this happened on a ride I planned and was leading please don't blame me for doing what I thought was the right thing for my friend that was hurt. Once I get the video edited and cut you'll see the way he was, I stand by making the call, ticket or no ticket.

BTW, thank you for coming to pick him up.

Edited by SWing'R

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was it wreckless op if a deer ran out in front of you?

Jussayin'

hope you're OK Moose.

Yeah we thought of all the good excuses AFTER the fact :rolleyes: and it was failure to control, not wreckless op.

.OR NEWZ ALERT!!!

Moose put more than a knee down by entering the Forbiddin County of Kershocton

It WASN'T Coshocton. We were in Senacaville riding around Seneca Lake on Rt 313.

Moose, I'm sure I have a turnsignal lens for you here so that's one less thing you have to pick up. When you're feeling up to it, head on over and pick through the box o' parts before you start dropping some cash.

LOL Khaotic Rebel and I drove out to pick him up! We trailered him home and made him ride on his bike the whole way home! :) Oh wait.... we thought about it...

Very cool you could help out! :plus1:

The bike wasn't bad at all, but if you can't hold on to the bars it gets tough to ride.

Failure to control is kinda tough to beat, unless you go into court and say you were trying to kill that tree stump with your bike. Which is what ate the turn signal and plastics. Otherwise it would have just needed washed.

We weren't going that fast, maybe 35mph. We were watching for gravel. Moose scrubbed a lot of speed off before he left the road. Then the dirt in the ditch was so soft it scrubbed off even more speed. He was almost stopped when the bike slid into the tree stump which was cut off at ground level. At that point the bike stopped and he popped off and flew about three feet till he landed, on his hand. Ouch!!

Getting a ticket proves that the system works. By that I mean even though they took the opportunity to generate some revenue, they also supplied a squad in a pretty reasonable amount of time.

We got off easy.

Aside from the gravel 313 seemed like a fun road. With hazards such as tractors, trucks, quads, pontoon boats being towed at low speed and a zillion fishermen. Perhaps later in the year after a couple of good rains it will be better.

I've never done so many miles on the super slab. The old KZ just kept on going and going. Maybe I should paint it pink and add rabbit ears to it. :lol::lol::lol:

I called the squad because we were in the middle of no where and he didn't look good' date=' he was bleeding and rolling around wailing in pain, I had no idea the extent of his injuries I figured it was better to have them on their way than to not. Moose is also diabetic, his sugar level was thru the roof when they checked it. I feel bad enough that this happened on a ride I planned and was leading please don't blame me for doing what I thought was the right thing for my friend that was hurt. Once I get the video edited and cut you'll see the way he was, I stand by making the call, ticket or no ticket.

BTW, thank you for coming to pick him up.[/quote']

^ Would have done the same thing. And the point is nobody should be able to tell you that you made a bad call b/c the main thing is that Moose is alright and alive and that's what's important.

You can always shell enough cash out to resurrect your bike from whatever damage it sustained. You can't do that with a person!:rolleyes:

Damn' date=' Moose. Sorry to hear about this. The Kat doesn't look too bad, though. Should be back in the game with minimal effort.[/quote']

I told him that last night, heck its ridable except that it doesn't have a right turn signal.

I'm starting to wonder now if there isn't something to this "Katana Kurse" :p

In reviewing the video last night of that curve, I myself wasn't going that fast around it in the lead so I don't think speed

had anything to do with it, I think it was a simple matter of target fixation on the gravel. Looked at the gravel, not the turn, off the road he went.

the fairing is toast... i'm gonna get a new one ... also need to replace the throttle handlebar.... thanks again for not giving me too much shit for f-n up, damn using my left hand for everything sucks ass... i go see the doc today @ 3p still pretty swollen but i am able to wiggle all my fingers with a degree of pain that is less then unbearable... so looks like a week or 2 and i'll be up for my usual shenannigans.... and dave i don't blame anyone but myself for my f-up....

So for the record did this ride go through coshocton but the wreck happened in another county? If so then moose is the first kat that I know of to make it out of coshocton alive...even though no one from coshocton witnessed it.

So for the record did this ride go through coshocton but the wreck happened in another county? If so then moose is the first kat that I know of to make it out of coshocton alive...even though no one from coshocton witnessed it.

For the record.... we were no where near Coshocton all day.

We were just past the spot on the map below where the thumbpin is that says 11.8mi (far right side of the picture) traveling SW towards 147 when it happened.

route_313_loop.gif

When you gonna have the vid up Rosso?

I'll have it online sometime this evening, I'll just post up the portion that shows me riding thru that curve, slowing up, waiting then turning around to go back to find moose in the grass and the kat in the ditch, I pulled up on that side of the road facing them and left the camera running, you'll see (from a distance) moose floppin around in the grass, Tom and another guy pull the bike out of the ditch and me running around trying to figure where we are as I was callin 911.

The camera ran out of card space before the OHP or squad showed up.

Target fixation is a bitch. It's tough to get over, as well. I am BAD about looking at the road when entering a corner, and it's one thing I have been really working hard on correcting. I do a glance down as I approach and scan the surface as I look back up and through the turn. I try to have my quick visual sweep completed by the time I actually begin turning. If any of that makes any sense. :dunno:

Moose, are you looking at new parts, or hitting up fleabay for used? You might see what Cycle search can hook you up with, if not just a contact to get a good deal on something used.

I'll have it online sometime this evening' date=' I'll just post up the portion that shows me riding thru that curve, slowing up, waiting then turning around to go back to find moose in the grass and the kat in the ditch, I pulled up on that side of the road facing them and left the camera running, you'll see (from a distance) moose floppin around in the grass, Tom and another guy pull the bike out of the ditch and me running around trying to figure where we are as I was callin 911.

The camera ran out of card space before the OHP or squad showed up.[/quote']

That sucks you ran out of space.

Hey don't feel bad about him going down on your ride, shit happens.

the fairing is toast... i'm gonna get a new one ... also need to replace the throttle handlebar.... thanks again for not giving me too much shit for f-n up, damn using my left hand for everything sucks ass... i go see the doc today @ 3p still pretty swollen but i am able to wiggle all my fingers with a degree of pain that is less then unbearable... so looks like a week or 2 and i'll be up for my usual shenannigans.... and dave i don't blame anyone but myself for my f-up....

Time to go nekkid streetfighter. At least fo' a while. :cool: