break pads, air filter, break fluid.

jessecwalters

Just wondering if a site sponser here sells these things and perhaps with a good deal. Also close to grove city would be good. I have a 96 katana 600 if it matters, but i need new brake pads, an air filter, and brake fluid. And while Im here, bleeding the break fluid is easy correct? Im not very mechanically inclined.

Edited by jessecwalters

Brakes and filters are relatively inexpensive on a Katana; I think I paid about $30 for the EBC rear pads (I have an FJR) and did them myself in about 15 minutes. Fronts should be about the same or less depending on how many pistons your front calipers are.

Bleeding brakes is easy, too. Depending on when they were last done, and if you're careful about not letting the calipers dangle, you may not need to do them when you change the pads out.

Just wondering if a site sponser here sells these things and perhaps with a good deal. Also close to grove city would be good. I have a 96 katana 600 if it matters, but i need new break pads, an air filter, and break fluid. And while Im here, bleeding the break fluid is easy correct? Im not very mechanically inclined.

have you registered for Katriders.com yet?! Check it out. It's an essential if you own a pre98!

Got the front brake pads and some brake fluid, was going to install them later today. Should i bleed the lines while the pads arr out? I know theres a little "cork" (for lack of better term) that i have to pull out to let the fluid out, just curious if that should be done with pads out or if it doesnt really matter. And what should be done with old brake fluid?

Edited by jessecwalters

Got the front break pads and some break fluid, was going to install them later today. Should i bleed the lines while the pads arr out? I know theres a little "cork" (for lack of better term) that i have to pull out to let the fluid out, just curious if that should be done with pads out or if it doesnt really matter. And what should be done with old break fluid?

Brake! BRAKE! FUCKING BRAKE!!!

And you shouldn't do ANYTHING to them if you don't understand the proper use of bleeders.

^ okie dokie. I can still swap break pads though yes? that wont be an issue when the breaks are bled?

Lol... You do realize that the thingies that make the bike not go no mo are called BRAKES, right? Not to be confused with break, which is what happens when something doesn't work anymore.

ie: If you're riding down the highway at 70mph, and you abruptly grab the front BRAKES in the middle of a sharp curve, you'll very likely BREAK something expensive.

See the difference?

Lol... You do realize that the thingies that make the bike not go no mo are called BRAKES, right? Not to be confused with break, which is what happens when something doesn't work anymore.

ie: If you're riding down the highway at 70mph, and you abruptly grab the front BRAKES in the middle of a sharp curve, you'll very likely BREAK something expensive.

See the difference?

nope.