My dad is buying a bike. This makes me happy.

Artmageddon

My dad rode for years, his first vehicle was motorcycle when he was 16. He always had bikes when I was a kid, but got out of it for one reason or another. When I bought my MC a few years ago, he started thinking about it, but his vision was fading fast and was hesitant to ride.

Well, he had surgery on his eyes a while back, new lenses, and his vision is vastly better, just needs normal glasses now.

He got real excited when I bought my HD, and when I took it home to show him, we went and looked at a few Sportsters for him. He wanted something light so he doesn't have to muscle it around, he has a steep gravel driveway.

Well he had a buddy that has a cherry 2000 Suzuki Intruder 800 for sale, 5600 miles, $3200, and he is picking it tomorrow. Too bad I already sold my Honda. If anyone knows anything about these bikes, let me know so I can pass it to him. Here are some pics from his phone, and yes I told him tassels have to go ASAP.

picture.php?albumid=459&pictureid=10515&thumb=1picture.php?albumid=459&pictureid=10514&thumb=1

So what is the real point of this long ass thread?

Well, after my parents divorced, It was just my dad and me for years. We had our differences, and when we finally started becoming the friends we should be while I was in college, I ended up moving a few hours away. We are both quiet people(umm, anti-social), and don't talk as often as we should.

Just since I've bought my bike we've talked a bit more. Since he's been thinking about getting one, we've talked more in the past month than we had in the past six. We're already planning a few get-togethers and rides, and I'm hoping this is something that gives a reason to hang out more than just holidays. Isn't that what toys likes bikes and muscle cars are really about? :)

Edited by Artmageddon

I had a 2000 1400 intruder, loved it but traded it in for my CBR. They are great bikes. I was always told not to put synthetic oil in it. Don't know why think its something to do with the tranny.

Man it is the coolest thing ever... My dad just got a bike again, I don't think I've seen the man so happy in a LONG time than when he was done going out riding motorcycles with his son(me lol)

Yeah, my dad is pretty fired up about it. Hell, he's a year away from retirement and going to need something to do.

haha yeah man.... My dad got a bandit 1200s, and he felt the need to show his son that even though he is nearing 50 he can still do wheelies.... I was shaking my head like omfg no bad idea!.... but I also was smiling like a mofo! hahaha!

Sounds a lot like my ex and her dad, when he got her mom pregnant he disappeared 23 years later he wants back in her life, she was pretty upset about it until we started dating and I got her into riding, now they have that as common ground and get along much better. I'm glad the same has happened for you. Hopefully everything works out and you get to share some rides.

That's pretty cool Art. When we heading down?

Except for this weekend, I either have show, will be moving or other crap until the last weekend in May. Fuck. That kinda depresses me to be that busy. I could maybe do April 24, but I think I'm supposed to be on a camping trip. Better check on that.