My desktop has a backdoor trojan......

max power

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do that.

Let me know. All I need is the hardrive, nothing else. Depending on the size of the drive it takes me 24-48 hours (The thing is so clean when I am done it is sterile) If you want PM me and we can figure out a time/place to get me the HardDrive so I can start cleaning it.

You dont have to yell bubby.

My name isn't bubby....or buddy if that's what you were attempting to type, but sorry I just hate those bloated and over priced AV's. Symantec and McAfee only remove simple crap and take up loads of memory in the process.

So next time I yell, you jump and do it!

:D

My name isn't bubby....or buddy if that's what you were attempting to type, but sorry I just hate those bloated and over priced AV's. Symantec and McAfee only remove simple crap and take up loads of memory in the process.

I called you bubby because you are being a bubby, bubby.

I have symantec because it was free and was installed by a good friend who is also a fuckin IT genius like I'm sure you are.

If you know of something better and free, stop beating your chest and post it up.

Wow dude...you really need to relax. Seriously....and I am in the IT industry asshat.

I was never beating my chest, just making a point that there are several better free AV's out there.

If you wanted to know them, all you had to do was ask and not be a dick.

Avast, AVG, Kaspersky...just to name a few. Pick one and quit coming on here crying about your poor AV.

Sheesh...I guess you lack the sarcasm gene.

I will agree with R1 here, get rid of the symantec. Back in the day, Norton was THE AV program to use. Today, they're just running on their name, not their performance.

I use Nod32, and I even paid for it! :lol:

I also installed the Microsoft Security Essentials on the desktop at home, I'm curious to see how it does before recommending it much. I DO know that MS bought out a pretty good AV company a few years back (I can't remember the name now) and I'm guessing this is the result of that?

MSSE does a decent job. I've put it on systems that were low on resources for friends and family.

Norton has stopped being useful a LONG LONG time ago in a galaxy far far away. It's so bloated..and there are plenty of free AV's mentioned above that do a much better job without sucking the life out of your PC.

i hate norton...had it on a comp back in the day and it kept finding a virus but it wouldnt delete it...then i tried to uninstall norton and it fuckered up and wouldnt even uninstall...got to the point i had to do a full system restore just to be able to get rid of norton

+1 for AVG. Even the new Microsoft Securities is a good app. And r1 was goofin'. Take a deep breath.

Hey! Screw off! I had me a big ol' fish on the line!

Now you ruined my fun for the day.

(PS...if a nasty post ends in a :D it usually means there was some sarcasm in the post above)

:popcorn:

(PS...if a nasty post ends in a :D it usually means there was some sarcasm in the post above)

fuck your sarcasm, youre just a know-it-all IT person... way to back pedal you piece of shit, not everyone knows computers like you do...we have lives outside the interwebs

fuck your sarcasm, youre just a know-it-all IT person... way to back pedal you piece of shit, not everyone knows computers like you do...we have lives outside the interwebs

Sweet....another bite.

Where do I start....

Fuck me and my sarcasm...well I see you're missing that gene also and you're the wrong gender for me so stop with the ghey stuff. Back pedaling...who was back pedaling?!?! I wasn't the one to jump someone's shit now was I. No, didn't think so. I made a post in BIG BOLD LETTERS and people get bent. I fully expect you to be all pissed off now that I did it to you.

So lets have your big retort rightz from urz puter on dis interwebz.....I'll be waiting.

Wow dude...you really need to relax. Seriously....and I am in the IT industry asshat.

I was never beating my chest, just making a point that there are several better free AV's out there.

If you wanted to know them, all you had to do was ask and not be a dick.

Avast, AVG, Kaspersky...just to name a few. Pick one and quit coming on here crying about your poor AV.

Sheesh...I guess you lack the sarcasm gene.

I was going to say that I know you are in IT and you were beating your chest about it with your yelling and telling me to jump and what not and I do have a sense of humor and sarcasm, but you were being a dick about it, so I mirrored your dickishness.

But T says it well here. :D Thanks T.

And yeah, Ben can attest that I'm no PC expert. I'm just a bubby with a problem asking my peers for some options.

Sweet....another bite.

Where do I start....

Fuck me and my sarcasm...well I see you're missing that gene also and you're the wrong gender for me so stop with the ghey stuff. Back pedaling...who was back pedaling?!?! I wasn't the one to jump someone's shit now was I. No, didn't think so. I made a post in BIG BOLD LETTERS and people get bent. I fully expect you to be all pissed off now that I did it to you.

So lets have your big retort rightz from urz puter on dis interwebz.....I'll be waiting.

Nobody's mad bubby. Are you? Need a hug?

my only response is this:

Touche....nicely done!

See...this is why I love this site.

So Max, I think you have all the information you need to fix ur problem. Pick one of the afore mentioned AVs along with one of the afore mentioned spyware/malware application and you'll be good to go.

Toushe....nicely done!

See...this is why I love this site.

So Max, I think you have all the information you need to fix ur problem. Pick one of the afore mentioned AVs along with one of the afore mentioned spyware/malware application and you'll be good to go.

haha i love the interwebz in general

Ha, ha I had a good one going yesterday. It didn't get ruined until Budell gave it away.

So you guys are saying that I shouldn't be running Norton 360? I haven't had any problems with it but I'm not into the weird shit most of the folks around here are into.