We've talked about it before, I know...

Sara_Rides

I am scheduled to take the motorcycle endoresement class in two weeks and I have a child care hurtle for Thursday and Saturday. I asked my mother, who ALWAYS watches my son when I need her to, and she refused as soon as I told her why I needed a sitter!!

Would she rather I take the safety course and be well educated while on my two wheels or just hop on and go for it? UGH!! You would think safety would be first...but apparently not.

WTF am I supposed to do? The class is hard enough to get into as it is, I can't just call and ask to reschedule....

I get that some parents, relatives etc. just don't get it, but come on.....

Anyone have any sitters they could suggest? I've gotta take this class.....

Guess you'll know better than to give her more information than necessary' date=' huh? I learned that little lesson a long time ago. What they don't know won't hurt them... unfortunately.[/quote']

I'm trying this whole honesty thing...my mom keeps saying I just want you to be honest, Sara....but she clearly didn't mean it.

Mum's the word from now on...but it doesn't help my current situation

call mother again, flat out lie, class got cancelled and freind has some sort of emergency.

nice idea and when I was sixteen that might have worked...she's grown wise to my ways now....I'm gonna talk to my Dad....I've always been a Daddy's Girl and I can reason with him most of the time, so we'll see, but I'm not counting on them for this.

Mum's the word from now on

:lol: Boy "MUMS" sure brings back memories.

Greg: A... thanks and do you have any wine.

Counter: Yea we got Mums on sale for $13.95

Greg: Really...you dont have any 80 to 100 dollar bottles of wine(long pause)

Counter: You could buy a bunch of Mums :dunno:

good point. I'm in Westerville, but I'm willing to travel some if someone truly comes highly recommended...

my wife (and then her sister) used to sit for a family in Bexley through college. I'm sure they have a laundry list of sitters on file.

And Dana (the mother) probably ran drug tests and background checks on all of them. She's a pretty intense person.

I can probably get a hold of her through facebook. You've just got a 3-yr-old right? Anyone Dana used will have proven they can deal with 4 yr old twins and a 6 yr old.

Dana (the mother) probably ran drug tests and background checks on all of them. She's a pretty intense person. :lol: --- That's awesome

I can probably get a hold of her through facebook. You've just got a 3-yr-old right?

He's 4 and very well behaved----anyone you could get in touch with would be incredible...I really appreciate you trying to help!!!

Uncle Jeremy in Cincy is good for sitting. I have a 2 and 5 yr old he could hang with. It's quite a drive, but if all else fails I'm here for ya.

aw! Thanks Uncle Jeremy!! I'll definitely keep you in mind if I can't find anyone closer to home! That's really sweet of you! Thanks!!

forgive the sexism that's about to be spewed...

Man the fuck up! You're an adult so start acting like one. Don't go running to daddy to get mom's mind changed. Have a fucking adult conversation with your mother about her preaching honesty and then punishing you for that same honesty.

Tell her exactly what you stated here previously...

Would she rather I take the safety course and be well educated while on my two wheels or just hop on and go for it? UGH!! You would think safety would be first...but apparently not.