June 12th Ohio Bike Week Ride

Bad324

From what I have heard this is one of best days to go for the festivities so I'll go by what I've heard. All these following details are tentative and subject to change if it works best for the group. It at least gives us a solid starting point

Date: Saturday, June 12th

Meet Time: 10am (really its TBD by the group)

Meet place: Quaker Steak and Lube Valley View. 5935 Canal Road, Cleveland, OH 44125. For you guys out on the far west side we can add a secondary meet spot if you'd like

Route: TBD. There is really only 3 options I'm aware of.

*Rt 6 (I've never been on it so not sure if its a good choice or not): http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5935+Canal+Road,+Cleveland,+OH+44125-4231+(Quaker+Steak+and+Lube)&daddr=403+W+Market+St,+Sandusky,+OH+44870&hl=en&geocode=FRbAdwIdkHsi-yGSQUbhTkykIikV9qUTQuQwiDHqjeNi1IxZRA%3BFf-PeAIdH-ER-ylP4klK50U6iDHYLGCPYX4ZuQ&mra=ls&dirflg=ht&sll=41.389405,-82.17021&sspn=0.679992,1.454315&ie=UTF8&ll=41.240642,-82.181854&spn=0.681543,1.454315&z=10

*Rt 2/90: If I remember correctly its mostly slabbing, but someone verify this

*Turnpike: All slabbing, least desired route in my mind

So everyone weigh in and tell me what you think. I don't mind setting things up and getting it organized but I definitely would prefer to NOT lead the actual ride.

Also, for anyone coming from afar that wants to join but come up the night before I have a couple couches to crash on. One is a foldout too so its an extra spot if you so choose to share. As well as I should have plenty of space to put bikes in the garage overnight if you are paranoid like myself

Rt 2/90 isn't to bad once you get closer to the sandusky area, probably your best bet. the parts of 6 I have been on is 1 lane each direction and the fucking tourist don't know how to drive.

I will probably be coming up from columbus and staying with my parents over in Port Clinton.

If people want to meet up later or some thing the Toys R Us off of 250 in Sandusky has always been pretty bike friendly and has a lot of empty parking lot space.

• 2 weeks later...

RT6 scenic slow ride by the lake better than cop infested 2 and 80. Many 35 areas some 55/60, well riding is not a prime for the bike (the destination rides are OK if you like assholes and bigdick noobs), week so deal with that......I usually stay somewhere on 250.....campground is scary....take the free shuttle (or 50 cents) if you drink.....It's a money maker for the Perkins cops......

• 3 weeks later...
RT6 scenic slow ride by the lake better than cop infested 2 and 80. Many 35 areas some 55/60

yea finally took RT6 out a ways to see what its like last week and it is sloow and boring, but definitely scenic.

Looks like at the very least I will end up rolling with my dad and my friend who both have cruisers so this should be interesting :rolleyes:

you guys could always meet up at schiets and take rte 6 to sandusky from there!!! unless your coming from cleveland. but if your coming from the couth, you could use it as a stopping/meet point. your only 35 min from sandusky from here.

• 2 weeks later...

here it is...

FROM SANDUSKY REGISTER:

Entertainers who have agreed to perform for this year's Ohio Bike Week include Great White, Vince Neil, Pink Floyd tribute band Wish You Were Here and Charlie Daniels. (The planned supporting act for Charlie Daniels, country singer Gretchen Wilson, won't be able to make it and has been replaced at the last minute by a rock band, Asia featuring John Payne.)

here is some moer info on bike week.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/articles/2010/05/24/front/2066085.txt

here it is...

FROM SANDUSKY REGISTER:

Entertainers who have agreed to perform for this year's Ohio Bike Week include Great White, Vince Neil, Pink Floyd tribute band Wish You Were Here and Charlie Daniels. (The planned supporting act for Charlie Daniels, country singer Gretchen Wilson, won't be able to make it and has been replaced at the last minute by a rock band, Asia featuring John Payne.)

here is some moer info on bike week.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/articles/2010/05/24/front/2066085.txt

Asia replacing Gretchen in support of Charlie.... Now that's comical :D

that ride is scheduled on the same day as the Putnam trackday a lot of members are attending. I know a few of us will be at BeaveRun that day as well.

Bunch of us are heading down to New River Gorge Bridge in WV too