1984 Honda Sabre 700. (1100$)

NightRider

I'm selling this to add to the newer bike fund. :D

Here's a photobucket link for pictures.

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af23/shawnwk/1984%20Honda%20Sabre%20700/

1984 Honda Sabre. 62,321 miles. Runs really well. No starting issues anymore. Just throw the choke on when 1st starting it, let it warm up a little and your good.

Everything works as it should. Clutch, engine, all electrical, lights, etc except for the speedometer. The needle vibrated out of place and is stuck in one spot.

No funny noises, no smoke. No dents or dings on the tank. Inside of tank looks nice, no rust...no peeling, etc. Seat is in nice shape, no rips or tears. Tires will probably last you another season or 2.

Petcock works as it should. No issues with reserve or anything.

It might need some new brake pads, as some might have heard on the CSBA ride. They make a little noise after you ride a little, but the bike stops fine. From home, and during the ride it was over 200 miles and the bike ran flawlessly. I wouldn't hesitate to ride it anywhere.

Clear title. 1000$. Really can't take any less due to needing every dollar for the next bike. If you look on CL....there isn't much of anything for that price range.

You can pm me here. Or call 740-277-6652. The answering machine repeats itself, but if you wait you can leave a message. If you leave one, please state your from OR.

Here is a hilariously shitty video i made of the bike. But you get the idea. The bike runs strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfP-FoQGJqs

Thanks

Shawn.

Edited by NightRider

Liquid cooled V4 is a UJM now? Go back to your meds that you posted about on FB. :lol:

Liquid cooled V4 is a cruiser? :wtf: By that logic, Your bike is a cruiser.

Most cruisers that I have seen have air cooled V-twins and more importantly, low seats and high bars. In 1984, the Sabre was considered a classic UJM. The Magna was its cruiser version. Maybe you need to look up the definition of Universal Japanese Motorcycle.

Liquid cooled V4 is a cruiser? :wtf: By that logic, Your bike is a cruiser.

Most cruisers that I have seen have air cooled V-twins and more importantly, low seats and high bars. In 1984, the Sabre was considered a classic UJM. The Magna was its cruiser version. Maybe you need to look up the definition of Universal Japanese Motorcycle.

I just thought the UJM was inline air cooled engine, no fairings, something like strict;y street's kawi. Now that you mention it, there's not much difference between my VF500 and a UJM. Not that it matters what it's called.

It's a standard. The original UJM was a vertical twin, long before Inline 4s. But yes, air-cooled Inline 4 is the classic UJM.

Seems to me a UJM should be any "they all look alike" Japanese motorcycle, of which a bunch of them are sold.

By rough definition, no V-4 would be a UJM. None were really copied or imitated by any other motorcycle company.

In the late 1960s the major Japanese motorcycle manufacturers (Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha) began replicating each other's designs in quick succession, resulting in a remarkable homogeneity of form, function and quality in the market, leading Cycle to coin the acronym in 1976 to describe the new phenomenon:

"In the hard world of commerce, achievers get imitated and the imitators get imitated. There is developing, after all, a kind of Universal Japanese Motorcycle.... conceived in sameness, executed with precision, and produced by the thousands." [1] The term is neither complimentary nor pejorative, merely highlighting these bikes' strong similarity to each other.

Edited by ReconRat

It's a standard. The original UJM was a vertical twin, long before Inline 4s. But yes, air-cooled Inline 4 is the classic UJM.

Seems to me a UJM should be any "they all look alike" Japanese motorcycle, of which a bunch of them are sold.

By rough definition, no V-4 would be a UJM. None were really copied or imitated by any other motorcycle company.

Yea, what he said.

UJM's are the ones you cant tell who made them if you take off the tank emblems. Kinda like mine, a classic! :D

This should be a good question. lol. :D

For anyone NOT interested in the bike. Is 1100$ Fair? I know it doesn't exactly have low miles, but it runs very well.

It hasn't even been 24 hrs yet, but i put it on cl about 9:30 last night. Not one call, or email. :(

For anyone NOT interested in the bike. Is 1100$ Fair? I know it doesn't exactly have low miles, but it runs very well.

It hasn't even been 24 hrs yet, but i put it on cl about 9:30 last night. Not one call, or email. :(

1100 is a fair price for any running bike.

The mileage is a bit ridiculous... But if it's in good shape I can't see much of a problem with it.

For anyone NOT interested in the bike. Is 1100$ Fair?

It's a niche bike, only made for two years, so you're not likely to find someone who's 'gotta have it!' but like said above, 1100 isn't off the mark for a running bike.

When I sold my '82 Yami Vision 550 in '05, it wasn't running at that point, though it had been just a month earlier.... I was just tired of dicking around with it anymore & already had 'Birdy. Think she had about 12-15k on the odo, small recurring pinhole in bottom of gas tank, along with a small dent in side

I got $500 for it if I recall, & that was after havin' it in multiple locations locally all summer, & eBay

Don't feel sad. I put my bike on earlier today, and so far I've just had someone who wanted to trade a '96 VFR 750 for it, (I thought about it, but he wanted even trade, and I just can't do that) and someone who wanted to trade an '09 V Star 650 classic.