Speed trap spotted I-70 and S. Hamilton Rd, Columbus

MechE

Just a heads up, I didn't see any specific speed trap forum:

Sighted Wednesday, April 21 around 1pm.

Beware the LEO on the S. Hamilton Rd overpass shooting laser at I-70. My V1 didn't go off at all so I almost guarantee the chimp was using LIDAR, luckily I was just cruising around 70mph in my cage.

I'm a little unsure, but I thought it might have been a bike cop. I'm also unsure of what agency it was because I couldn't see a logo from that distance.

There were no other patrol cars ahead to indicate a speed trap, but I assume it would be easy for him to get on I-70 from that location.

Be safe out there.

Just a heads up, I didn't see any specific speed trap forum:

Sighted Wednesday, April 21 around 1pm.

Beware the LEO on the S. Hamilton Rd overpass shooting laser at I-70. My V1 didn't go off at all so I almost guarantee the chimp was using LIDAR, luckily I was just cruising around 70mph in my cage.

I'm a little unsure, but I thought it might have been a bike cop. I'm also unsure of what agency it was because I couldn't see a logo from that distance.

There were no other patrol cars ahead to indicate a speed trap, but I assume it would be easy for him to get on I-70 from that location.

Be safe out there.

You got to watch out for those cop's:D

• 2 weeks later...

Friend at work says he was surprised by a LEO on motorcycle patrol, parked under an over pass on Southbound I-270 on the East side. Using a handheld lasar or radar for speed on approaching traffic. In the dark shade of the overpass, he could not be seen very well. That was the May 1-2 weekend.

The friend thinks the LEO passed on flagging down his bike and took a car, but you take your chances with that. A car was waved down and pulled over by the LEO on the bike. I assume it's easier to pull over one speeding in the right hand lanes, but I wouldn't bet on that either.