MSF Group Riding Orientation and Refresher

Sunday, May 2, 2010

2 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Euclid Public Library, Euclid, OH

Open to all riders. Free. Please RSVP.

Learn about ride preparation

Standards for organization of the ride

Important knowledge such as proper formations in complex traffic situations

Curriculum developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and hosted by Motogirlz.

For more information, post here or email me at syscott@gmail.com

To be honest, it's the first time that I'm going through this. I bought it a few years ago and it's about time I even went through it. I tend to be a ride leader as well and could probably learn a few things :) Please come if you can make it.

I'll do my best to get there. I'm usually sleeping at that time but I feel I should do something to educate myself more than what I've read on the web. Especially since I feel when I'm leading a ride I'm responsible for the group as a whole. Also looking into taking a advanced CPR class just in case I need the knowledge one day. I just like to have all my bases covered. It's all part of my OCD :o

I'm really glad to hear the interest...i can try to do it again sometime if there is more interest..will keep OR posted if that happens..the more the merrier..and safer..

my husband is fussing at me for calling this an orientation so here is a clarification..i apologize that we are not doing a group ride after the workshop...the workshop is pretty much open to anyone who rides so that they can enjoy their group riding experience no matter who they are riding with...i'm willing to lend the curriculum out to anyone who wants to do it before a group ride too

there is a dvd with group riding scenarios and group worksheets in a meeting room environment...it should all take about an hour..it goes over what to expect from a ride leader and from riders...

i used the word "orientation" in the sense that we are at the beginning of the riding season to appeal to new riders and refresher for the experienced rider..and again for any rider to go out and enjoy their group ride no matter who they ride with...

let me know if anyone has any questions :)

grr i am trying to put pics online but having computer issues...i will post a pic as soon as i can

thanks so much for coming out...it was great to see MM again and meet Mike :)

I had fun and it was def worth it for me to review all that stuff...don't forget that we know the sign for po po even tho MSF says differently LOLOL

Is this the pic you wanted to post?

IMG_01002.jpg

MM if you want these pics shoot me a pm with your email and I send them over.

IMG_01012.jpg

IMG_01052.jpg

Hand signals whats that?

Turn%20around%20and%20gas%20hand%20signals.jpg

Get%20behind%20and%20debris%20hand%20signals.jpg

signals_tightenup_an.gif

Edited by Lost1888