Anyone have, or heard of, a Freedom Bell?

redrocket04

So, strange story of the day...

Went out to get the mail today, and I have a package in the box. It's about the size of a box of checks, addressed to me by name, from somebody in Tennessee. Don't recognize the name, and it's jingling. Having watched too many movies, my first thought is that it's got to be a bomb. At this point, I decide it'd be awesome to open it, rather than call the bomb squad for a jingling box.

I open it up, and there's a small red velvet pouch with Bumpus Harley Davidson in Memphis, TN printed on it. Inside is a freedom bell, according to the card.

Anybody have one of these, or gotten one in the mail from an unknown person? Where would I even attach it on a cbr? Not like there are a lot of options...

I rented a house from a couple that rode harleys, and they were always jingling down the road. For christmas they got me a bell, as it is like a protection bell. They attached them to the bottom of the forks in the front, though i forget how. I only remember thinking that I don't have the same spot to mount it on my sportbike.

My buddy has a Harley and he rides with a gremlinbell. You aren't suppose to buy them for yourself some is suppose to give it to you. His was given to him after he hit a telephone pole while swerving to miss dear on his sports bike. I would take it as a nice gesture but your probably going to look super gay if you put it on your bike

yea my Dad and neighbor have them on there Harley's and my friend has one on her Buell. I think its supposed to be as low to the ground as possible but looking at my 600rr the only place I could think is under the ram air pieces on the front fairing

Years ago, we gave a bell to the person who wrecked last. Basically it signalled "Hey! Watch out! I suck as a rider!!!" Sort of like the warning bells kitties wear to warn the chipmunks.

Guess that goes hand in hand with Harleys?:dunno:

Yup, gremlin bell. It usually get mounted low and forward on the frame.

Not just Harleys, but metric cruisers have them also.

I know a few people that have them.

Supposedly the bell's power is doubled if given as a gift.

I haven't ever seen one on a Honda...

The Legend: Legend has it that a small bell attached to your motorcycle, close to the ground, catches the Evil Road Spirits. The Little Gremlins live on your motorcycle causing all kinds of mechanical problems. The cavity of the bell attracts these Evil Spirits, but the constant ringing drives them insane and they lose their grip and fall to the ground. (Have you ever wondered where pot holes come from?)

The choices are:

1. Some database says you own a Harley.

2. Some database says you live in or near Jackson, Tennessee.

3. Some database says you might be interested in owning a Harley.

4. You have a secret admirer.

5. Some one thinks you need one.

My buddy has a Harley and he rides with a gremlinbell. You aren't suppose to buy them for yourself some is suppose to give it to you. His was given to him after he hit a telephone pole while swerving to miss dear on his sports bike. I would take it as a nice gesture but your probably going to look super gay if you put it on your bike

This ^ ^

Sam gave me mine a few years ago, from when I laid down my old 'Yami. I still need to pay it forward

I rat tied mine to the brake cable up by the triple tree, so I can look down & see it.... But then, hey..... I'm super gay like that ;)

I'm pretty sure Moose got one of these for his bromance. Max doesn't have it on the bike tho. I think he attached it to his pellet gun. :lol:

Its hanging on the workbench. Guess its time to give it back to Moose. He needs it.