great news, well for my gf and I

cOoTeR

So after going to the south side and turning down a suspicious motorcycle for sale today. My girlfriend and I found a great starter bike for her. An 83 kawi ltd ugly as hell but functional and cheap. Just to get her started. Question though when we get the title she doesn't need to be there to put it in her name right? The girl were buying it from just needs to have it notorized right?

Edited by cOoTeR

you are wrong

no she doesnt have to be there.

seller needs to have their signature notarized. thats it.

then you fill in your info, purchase price, mileage, sign it, and then take it to the bmv....she will need to be present at the bmv to put it in her name, but the seller can sign it and have it notarized and then when you pick it up take the title home, have your girl fill out her info on it, purchase price, mileage, etc etc...then bmv

ive sold two vehicles like this before...i had the titles notarized and ready to go before the buyer even showed up...just left mileage and purchase price blank until seller showed up to see how much they wanted to claim on taxes etc

Edited by Steve Butters

TECHNICALLY they both need to be there in front of the Notary to do it. The purpose of the Notary is to certify that the person is who they say they are, from my understanding.

Possibly "Technically", not sure..... I've sold several vehicles, bikes, boats, etc... I usually get the title notarized by the bank before I even list it for sale. Makes things go much more quickly. I've never been asked to have the purchaser present.

I just sold a bike to someone out of state and had the title notarized myself and handed it over upon delivery with no issues. All you need is the persons name, address, and the purchase price of the bike then go to the BMV and they will notarize it, from there just hand the title to the new owner and they take it to their local BMV and transfer everything into their name and sign it in front of another notary.