Which oil to use in a R1

Sniper_308

Need some help guys, I’ve been told and read a lot of reviews about Shell’s Rotella 15w40 in motorcycles. It now carries a JASO MA rating, and is safe for wet clutches. What do you think? Or your experience with this oil in motorcycles?? Or, please point me in the right direction on a good quality motor oil for a 09 R1.:dunno:

Yamalube at the required times as stated in your manual.

People will tell you one is superior to the next but with little proof or experience other than it has worked well for them. That statement may be true for them but they don't know if using brand "X" wouldn't have worked just as well. No manufactured will recommend a product that won't provide you with the proper adequate protection. You are wasting money if you are spending more for a so called superior oil option.

been using the blue rotella for years and no problems whatsoever.

20 dollars a gallon vs 15 dollars a quart for the motorcycle "specific" stuff that you "must use."

Yes, the blue one T6. That’s the full synthetic oil. I only have 500 miles on the bike, probably not a good idea to run full synthetic in it yet. Will the 15w40 triple protection be ok to use? Until I can transfer over to the T6.

After break in is complete i am a big fan of Mobil 1 synthetic MC oil. Pricey but the bike shifts better and I have the piece of mind of knowing that I am doing everything possible to keep my engine happy and to ensure it will live a long trouble free life

ive tried a few differ. oils in my yammis and the Rotela worked perfect...i had Mobil 4t in my r6 too so its kinda what you really feel like going with cause we can tell you good ideas all day long but in the end its your bike and how you feel about going about it man