my dumb move of the week

cOoTeR

As my gf and I were shopping for her new bike I took the tag for my bike to put on the bikes to test ride. I know that's not exactly ok but I wanted to test ride them and didn't want to draw too much attention. I left the tag in my car and haven't rode my bike since I took the tag off. Well today I rode the bike to work. About 20 miles from the house I realized I hadn't replaced the tag. I finished the ride to work then called my gf who brought me the tag so it all worked out. Thought I would share that with yall.

You have a 1000rr. You're pretty much invisible to cops.

Yeah I've been pulled over a couple times but they seemed baffled that I stopped. They seem a little confused as to what to do when a sport bike actually stops. I had one trooper ask if I knew why he pulled me over and this is how the conversation went,

Me "i just wasn't paying attention I saw you glanced at my speedo and realized I was going over the limit."

Trooper, "i clocked you going 76 in a 55. Slow it down there's a lot of deer running around tonight. I would hate to have to find you layed out on the road. Be careful."

Me, "thanks have a good evening."

And I went on my merry way.

Yeah, the cops like it when you stop and you're nice. lol

A group of 4 of us got pulled over. Cop goes, "I clocked you at 66, you at 62, you at 58, and you at 53.......all in a 30. But since you stopped instead of running, I'm letting you go with a warning."

:lol:

I do that with my dads cars from the lot all the time. I dont know how many times I have drove from Stringtown Rd in Grove City to Mansfield with out the dealer plates. It happens but its easy to forget to put them on when your in a rush to get somewhere.

or you can get pulled over with 4 other bikes doing everybit of 120 in a 40 and get off with a warning 15 mins before bike night..... doubt me? ask Dubguy, Jchick, JR, PrincessPratt.. those where the other 4 haha....

edit: only reason we pulled over. we had just started to slow down because it we were comming up to a 3-way stop sign and there was an RV in front of us.. by the time we saw the cop behind us we were down to lik 15mph and he had our plates

Yeah, some cops are funny. Some of them actually ride sportbikes. Sometimes those are the ones who tell you to stop doing 100 around traffic. LOL

"I'm like, your sending me on my way? OK"

10-20-40-60-80-100 again, LOL JK

Well this is a bit off topic but I got pulled over the day before yesterday and the cop cut me a break giveing me a reflector ticket. Not a fix-it ticket, a $130 some ticket! So my question to you guys is wouold you bother trying to get it thrown out, or take it as a blessing and fork over the cash? But it is funny b/c when the cop saw my wheel pop (allegedly) he broke to the sholder thinking i hit the highway to run. he said he was ready for a chase!

how come whenever i pulled over i got shafted? and i wasn't even speeding....just passed on a double yellow going AWAY from a intersection....lame.

Just a guess, but probably because it was double yellow, which is riskier to other motorist than speeding is.

Or, you didn't try to give the cop a hug. That's all they really want.:-D

Well this is a bit off topic but I got pulled over the day before yesterday and the cop cut me a break giveing me a reflector ticket. Not a fix-it ticket, a $130 some ticket! So my question to you guys is wouold you bother trying to get it thrown out, or take it as a blessing and fork over the cash? But it is funny b/c when the cop saw my wheel pop (allegedly) he broke to the sholder thinking i hit the highway to run. he said he was ready for a chase!

What is a reflector ticket?

haha nice. i havent been pulled over yet, but hopefully when/if i do ill be let off with a warningz

i havent been pulled over yet ether (knock on wood) but i havent stoped yet to find out if he or shes going to be nice or not when i see those not so nice lights in my mirror :postcop:

Yeah I've been pulled over a couple times but they seemed baffled that I stopped. They seem a little confused as to what to do when a sport bike actually stops. I had one trooper ask if I knew why he pulled me over and this is how the conversation went,

Me "i just wasn't paying attention I saw you glanced at my speedo and realized I was going over the limit."

Trooper, "i clocked you going 76 in a 55. Slow it down there's a lot of deer running around tonight. I would hate to have to find you layed out on the road. Be careful."

Me, "thanks have a good evening."

And I went on my merry way.

that is not at all how my experience went when i pulled over :lol:

my dumb move of the day... walk out without my money clip, license and CHL! oops. but i remembered my sidearm.
You remembered the important part!

But still illegal. :lol:

I'm sure as heck not posting if I have ever or would run from the cops. Stuff on the net can and will be used against you. HAHA

I have gotten stopped once, cop never really said what the reasoning was (probably curious to know how my bike was even able to move) . Either way it was at night and my permit had just expired. I have a few speeding tickets from my cager. I was very lucky he saw that I have a CDL and let me off with a warning. Full gear and being polite helped :rolleyes:

What is a reflector ticket?

Neil

THAT IS WHAT I WAS WONDERING ALSO BUT IT HAD A CODE ON IT AND A PRICE ALONG WITH IT. THE COP SD THAT SIDE MOUNTS AND ALMOST ALL FENDER ELIMINATORS WERE NOT LEGIT......SO PAY IT OR FIGHT IT?