good deal on tires; sportmax q2 package

obesityrules

You can get Pilot Powers for very very close to that price and the Powers are a far better tire.

i have been running powers and wanted to try something different. the new technology dunlop is running in there tires is said to be very competitive with the rest of the manufacturers. the dunlop gp-a actually outperformed the power ones in this review http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/4925/Motorcycle-Article/2009-DOT-Race-Tire-Shootout-Conclusion.aspx

I'm running the Qualifiers and thought they are pretty good. I would have no problems running the Q2's. -- I admit I would like to try the PPs as a comparison.

Edited by mello dude

i agree that the old dunslop qualifiers are complete junk, same with the bridgestone bt014. the new dunlop gp-a and q2 as well as the bridgestone bt016 and bt003 are quality stuff. i guess its similar to the "which oil to run" threads and everyone has their brand loyalty. i have ran michelins for the past 5 years and figured i would give some the of new rubber on the market a chance. i have pp on my current wheels and will be putting the q2 on my extra set of wheels. after the michelins wear out i will swap on some bt003s.

Yep, just pulled a set of the Dunlops off my bike with tons of life left in them and sold them to another member here and put the michelins back on.

Then point is valid. But, are you talking about the Sportmax Qualifiers or the Sportmax Qualifier 2? There's supposedly a big difference.

You can get Pilot Powers for very very close to that price and the Powers are a far better tire.

Im glad i bought the right tire then lol... just put on a brand new rear pilot power this week and they're really nice

^ that is the old single compound design, not the same performance as the 2ct, q2, and bt016 which have multiple compound designs.if you want to stick with michelins in a single compound spend another $15 and get the power one/power race combo from stt https://www.sportbiketracktime.com/shop/index.html

Then point is valid. But, are you talking about the Sportmax Qualifiers or the Sportmax Qualifier 2? There's supposedly a big difference.

The GP's which are supposed to be even better than than the Q2's. Sold them for a huge loss (half price) to put the Michelins back on.