Another Loss

jporter12

I hate posting these. RIP Rider. We'll never have a chance to know if a helmet would've saved him. :nono:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/05/01/Delaware_fatal.html?sid=101

Man dies in Delaware County motorcycle crash

Saturday, May 1, 2010 11:35 AM

By Randy Ludlow

The Columbus Dispatch

A man was killed last night when his motorcycle ran off a road and struck a utility pole in Delaware County.

Jeremy L. Holtrey, 29, of Edison in Morrow County, died in the crash, according to the Delaware post of the State Highway Patrol.

The crash occurred at 9:09 p.m. on Rt. 42, south of County Home Road, in Brown Township northeast of Delaware.

Holtrey was not wearing a helmet, troopers said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

I don't know what is about the riders in Lancaster. I would say 90-95% of the riders don't wear a helmet. It's all about show to them. Can anyone see their face while riding?? Can anyone hear their bike? They're all fair weather riders too. :nono:

One in Newark also, on Thursday night. Crashed while passing. Now in hospital.

Newark Advocate

PERRY TOWNSHIP -- A Newark man was in critical condition late Thursday at a Columbus hospital after a pickup truck-motorcycle crash Thursday afternoon in Perry Township.

The motorcyclist -- Richard Burkholder, 46 -- was flown to Grant Medical Center, the Ohio Highway Patrol reported. The crash happened at the intersection of Reform and Mary Ann Furnace roads at 2:37 p.m.

Ohio Highway Patrol Trooper Steve Mahl said both vehicles were northbound on Reform Road. The motorcycle was following the truck, which attempted to make a left turn onto Mary Ann Furnace Road, Mahl said. At the same time, the motorcycle attempted to pass the truck.

The two vehicles collided. Burkholder was thrown from his motorcycle and hit a pole, Mahl said. Mahl said there was a helmet at the scene, but officials had not yet determined whether the man was wearing it.

The truck's driver -- Charles Disbennett, 37, of Newark -- was not injured.

The patrol reported Burkholder was found to be at fault for the crash.

The Hanover Township Volunteer Fire Department also responded.

:rip:

Jporter - Did you know him or was he a member here?

No, I only post these when I see them to hopefully promote awareness, and show respect for fellow riders. I am VERY adamant about ATGATT.

Most of the time, someone else has already posted it up by the time I see them, since I don't read the news very much.

Why do people still do this?

Here's a good one...

"I rode without a helmet yesterday from my house to Kroger. Exactly one block from my house, and no faster than 25mph. Still wasn't comfortable, I just didn't feel like going back in for my helmet."

Yeah, lol... safe at 25mph. I jumped off the side of a moving jeep at about 25mph, when I was a kid. I thought feet would get moving. I thought wrong. Feet went clip clip spat. I got two steps and flipped over on my back. In between the pavement tried to crush my skull when I flipped over. I quick threw my forearm up to block it. Had a nice 4"x6" road rash scar on the arm for a couple of years.

Here's a good one...

"I rode without a helmet yesterday from my house to Kroger. Exactly one block from my house, and no faster than 25mph. Still wasn't comfortable, I just didn't feel like going back in for my helmet."

:funnyshit:

Back to Topic. Very very sad to hear someone lost their life..

Yeah, lol... safe at 25mph. I jumped off the side of a moving jeep at about 25mph, when I was a kid. I thought feet would get moving. I thought wrong. Feet went clip clip spat. I got two steps and flipped over on my back. In between the pavement tried to crush my skull when I flipped over. I quick threw my forearm up to block it. Had a nice 4"x6" road rash scar on the arm for a couple of years.

Quoted because I never thought Tom did any stupid sh*t ever in his life, but the man is, in fact, capable of moments of idiocy like the rest of us. :)

Quoted because I never thought Tom did any stupid sh*t ever in his life, but the man is, in fact, capable of moments of idiocy like the rest of us. :)

I've read a few posts on here of Tom doing stupid stuff. This one is about the tops though! Maybe this kind of stuff is what makes some of us smarter? Learning from experience.

I've read a few posts on here of Tom doing stupid stuff. This one is about the tops though! Maybe this kind of stuff is what makes some of us smarter? Learning from experience.

We all, inevitably do stupid shit. It's our job to learn from the mistakes, move on and never let them happen again.

If you are lucky enough to move on....RIP !!!

Kinda interesting went on a ride yesterday...and I acually hesitate wearing my summerweight mc gear b/c I want maximum protection if something should happen. I could never ever get on my bike in shorts and tshirt, or even without a helmet. Sure freaks me out how some people ride here. :confused:

The true sadness for the Holtrey family is they just buried his younger brother yesterday! His brother had cerebral palsy and died suddenly on Monday and his funeral was yesterday. I am speculating that Jeremy may have been overcome with grief and made the worst mistakes of his life last night that resulted in his family having to bury a second son.

RIP and prayers sent for the family.

The true sadness for the Holtrey family is they just buried his younger brother yesterday! His brother had cerebral palsy and died suddenly on Monday and his funeral was yesterday. I am speculating that Jeremy may have been overcome with grief and made the worst mistakes of his life last night that resulted in his family having to bury a second son.

RIP and prayers sent for the family.

Its in human nature to make mistakes... I wont preach about whats right or wrong. RIP