second bike. Deal is done. Need parts.

redrocket04

So, I've been looking for a second bike, and the time has come that I've made the decision. I'm getting an '07 Yamaha V Star custom. not my first choice, but the guy was really anxious to get rid of it, and so I got a REALLY good deal on it. Only 2,000 miles, with a Mustang seat, backrest for my girl, cobra pipes, etc.etc.etc.

BUT... It's got apehangers. I can't do the whole apehanger thing. I'm guessing that I could find some new standard height bars pretty easily, and I'm also guessing that changing bars isn't too labor intensive. My only concern is, will I need to get all new wiring, too? That's where my comfort zone ends.

I know cruisers are a minority here on OR, but does anyone have any insight into this?

And yes, no worries. The RR is safely in my garage... For now. I'm still thinking of that new RR I checked out a few days ago.

hey red I just put a set of mini apes on my cruiser granted they are mini apes but very comfortable for me,But as far as your wiring should not be a issue because you may be able to tuck somewhere under the tank or where ever the fuse block is. but anyways congrats on the new cruiser.now what kind of bars are u putting on.

Honestly have no idea. I've not even tried them out. The previous owner said they're really comfortable, but they definitely don't look comfortable. They're mini apes, though. I figured I'd get whatever stock bars come with it, but I'm open to other ideas.

I'm glad I found this one, because I was about 12 hours from buying another Harley. Went home to think it over, and had just about resolved to just do it. So the vstar saved me about $9,000. :D

I would absoulety try out the mini's before you go changing the bars but I am 6'1 with a 72 inch reach though so the apes are great for me. what size is you bars 7/8 or 1 inch.cause i have a few pair of bars in both sizes.

I have a Valkyrie and the standard OEM pull backs are quite comfortable. - I never really understood the ape hangers. Maybe its a "look at me" thing. On your wiring, I would just work to tuck everything in neat as you can get it. Go buy a bag of zip ties from Auto Zone. If the wires work on the tall apes, they should work on lower bars.

Edited by mello dude