Yay!!! Texting Ban: Columbus Begins Enforcement Today

CbrGirl

F*(k that... I say you make manuals MANDATORY. I guarantee you that'd keep a lot of idiots off the roads... case in point:

http://articles.mcall.com/2010-04-03/news/all-a7_4stick.7227655apr03_1_fountain-hill-police-department-would-be-robber-driver

They need to be tased then castrated. :rulez:

bwahahaha. I love driving a manual. Hell I get sweet fuel economy and I pop it in neutral and shut it off going down hills.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F*(k that... I say you make manuals MANDATORY. I guarantee you that'd keep a lot of idiots off the roads... case in point:

http://articles.mcall.com/2010-04-03/news/all-a7_4stick.7227655apr03_1_fountain-hill-police-department-would-be-robber-driver

They need to be tased then castrated. :rulez:

+1, cant text and drive a stick. i've tried before. plus manuals are better anyway :)

I happen to be a hillbilly with a 4x4 truck and a blackberry. My truck sits higher than most cop cars. Let'em catch me textin dirty. Hahahaha. If pulled over can they take your phone and check for recent texts? What about OR posts muwhahahahah. This is total bullshit. I hate what this country is becoming. BTW this may or may no have been typed on said blackberry while driving on 71 in columbus.

It wasnt. Your truck has been parked infront of my house for 2 days. I doubt you are texting while riding your bike up 71.

if i drive past you and you see me hitting a bong, again, you are legally allowed to search me with no warrant needed.

Damn! You can hit a bong while driving? Thats talent. :D

Oh yes, and that gets enforced all the time I'm sure. To our resident LEO in this thread, how many people have you cited or warned about eating while driving? "Man I got a ticket for being under the influence of food!" :lol:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't write tickets unless I have to. So, the answer is 0. However, I do know an officer that received a sustained complaint from I.A. after a citizen called in for him eating a hamburger while driving.

Pretty soon the law will state hands at 10 and 2, no eating, drinking, smoking, radios, phones, talking, no a/c heater changes, no manual transmissions....a law for everything.

Do you argue that texting while driving isn't dangerous?

because it is. VERY.

those of us against the law are against it because it's unenforceable, not because it's wrong.

Every municipality and/or state has a law against driving while distracted. this law is actually redundant and was only passed to raise awareness about the dangers of texting.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't write tickets unless I have to. So, the answer is 0. However, I do know an officer that received a sustained complaint from I.A. after a citizen called in for him eating a hamburger while driving.

That was my point, you probably haven't. But the burger I was willing to bet it was just "unprofessional" because he was a cop, not because it was against the law.

Do you argue that texting while driving isn't dangerous?

because it is. VERY.

those of us against the law are against it because it's unenforceable, not because it's wrong.

Every municipality and/or state has a law against driving while distracted. this law is actually redundant and was only passed to raise awareness about the dangers of texting.

I agree it is very dangerous, more so than drinking and driving. It is redundant which is why I was talking about passing a law for everything you can do in a car.

I didn't take offense, it takes a lot to piss me off.

How bout I throw my empty MD 20/20 bottle at you then let my 300lb pig run around campus while I steal beer from the back of a bar on Mother's day?

Bout f*ing time they put this in effect. Now we'll see how Johnny Law does with the enforcement. This is a step in the right direction.

I still think handsfree is marginally better than talking with the cell, though studies say otherwise.

How do they prove that you were texting... What if I was looking up a phone number? Of on the internet? Or just holding my phone? If the ban is against texting... how do they enforce it...

I apologize if this has been brought up already, I did not read all 7 pages.

How do they prove that you were texting... What if I was looking up a phone number? Of on the internet? Or just holding my phone? If the ban is against texting... how do they enforce it...

I apologize if this has been brought up already, I did not read all 7 pages.

Well maybe you should go back and read all 7 pages then huh....:p

How bout I throw my empty MD 20/20 bottle at you then let my 300lb pig run around campus while I steal beer from the back of a bar on Mother's day?

You only get credit for stealing the beer on Mother's Day if you are actually out with your mom, at said bar, and shooting pool. As far as the pig, I still don't know what I would have done if I had actually got that big bastard all the way into the back seat of my cruiser. I'm just glad I found the owner before the media arrived.

Edited by FZRMatt

i plan to knock on windows as im riding when i see someone texting and driving.

I already do....cept I knock with pennies, gum and whatever else I've got available to chuck at them. ;)

I cant wait for the first suspected texter to be pulled over and find out he was masterbating

That happened to you too?!?!? :lol:

Next up...

Putting on Make-up

Adjusting your dash vents

Programming a station preset on your radio

Looking for a CD in the glovebox

Fact is... stupid people will always figure out a way to have an accident... there are numerous ways to get distracted in a car without singling out the cell phone. The older I get the more I get the feeling legislators like to pass the easy stuff without tackling the important issues like how to keep 1200+ jobs from disappearing from a place like Mills Pride in the Waverly Ohio. Manufacturing jobs in Ohio form the backbone of this states middle class... and these jobs are flying out of Ohio at an alarming rate.... but hey, we have a new texting law!!!! When are we going to expect more from our government??????????????????

Well, this is great news. If some dumb bitch kills me while doing her makeup, my death won't really count since she was legitimately distracted and not doing something malicious like typing "ROFL BFF WTF" on her iphone.

Awesome.

Next up...

Putting on Make-up

Adjusting your dash vents

Programming a station preset on your radio

Looking for a CD in the glovebox

Fact is... stupid people will always figure out a way to have an accident... there are numerous ways to get distracted in a car without singling out the cell phone. The older I get the more I get the feeling legislators like to pass the easy stuff without tackling the important issues like how to keep 1200+ jobs from disappearing from a place like Mills Pride in the Waverly Ohio. Manufacturing jobs in Ohio form the backbone of this states middle class... and these jobs are flying out of Ohio at an alarming rate.... but hey, we have a new texting law!!!! When are we going to expect more from our government??????????????????

ding ding ding! we have a winner!

you can't make all the symptoms of being a moron illegal - people just come up with new and more creative ways to be morons.

with alcohol, there's a biological correlation between consumption and reaction time. With texting, there's no such correlation. Some girl on "good morning america" could text like 60 words per minute blind-folded.

Assuming she could do it one-handed, I'm betting she could text and drive just fine.

My point is, even if I suck balls at driving period, it's possible that someone out there can drive better than me while they are texting.

Running red lights, weaving out of your lane, and generally failing to pay attention is already illegal. If there's not a cop around to see you breaking the existing law, what makes anyone think there will be a cop around to see people texting while driving?

pointless legislation.