Rider down, ramp from 270 to 315 south

Casper

On another note the mum just told me about some happenings in the Lancaster area. Guess a van was speeding down 158 from Baltimore area to Lancaster, ran two bikers off the road about a mile apart and ended up going airborne and crashing into a truck. She didn't have any news on anyones condition, life flight was at both bike accidents though.

On another note the mum just told me about some happenings in the Lancaster area. Guess a van was speeding down 158 from Baltimore area to Lancaster, ran two bikers off the road about a mile apart and ended up going airborne and crashing into a truck. She didn't have any news on anyones condition, life flight was at both bike accidents though.

Geez....

Wow, hopefully the van driver was the fatality.

That was my first reaction too, but actually I hope he makes it, and unless theres some reason he was driving like that (Medical condition and lost control), so that he can see what hes done.

That was my first reaction too, but actually I hope he makes it, and unless theres some reason he was driving like that (Medical condition and lost control), so that he can see what hes done.

If he has a medical condition and was running over several motorcyclists miles away from where he lost control and was too stupid to pull over and get help, he still deserves to eat it, but I doubt that was the case. I'm betting it was another crackpot that stopped taking his meds.

that ramp is pretty nasty..especially towards the end when it merges to the left, alot of people dont really pay attention to bikes when merging..

heart and prayergoes out to the rider(s)

I hope that it wasn't anyone on here. The rider was a mid 60's man riding a cruiser of some type. The person riding with him (another bike) stated to the officer that they had been drinking at a bar before the crash.

Wow...another bike accident after drinking?! I wonder if he would have been able to maneuver his way out of it if he had been sober...?

Every time I go to a bike night I have to shake my head in amazement at the quantity of riders that drink there beers then climb on there motorcycles typically helmet less and ride away. It is these same people who scream loudest that helmet laws infringe on their personal freedoms and that they have enough common sense to make their own decision...do they, do they really? :beathorse:

"The driver of the van, William Solomon, 67, of Baltimore, was transported by Lancaster medics to Fairfield Medical Center where he was treated and released."

:nono: Not fair.:nono:

My brother crashed on that ramp 10-15 years ago. No helmet, almost lost his eye. He had road rash on his closed eyelid. Anyway, dumb-ass started wearing a helmet after that.

He still walks with a limp after all the gravel they pulled out from his kneecap

The driver of the van, William Solomon, 67, of Baltimore, was transported by Lancaster medics to Fairfield Medical Center where he was treated and released. No one had been cited or charged as of Wednesday night. The investigation into the crashes by Lancaster police and the Fairfield County Sheriff's Office continues.

WTF I'm no rocket scientist but I think its pretty obvious that this guy broke a few laws and it isn't safe to have him running around. Speeding like a jackass and hurting another person = dumb mistake. Doing it several more times in a row with out stopping means your a piece of crap.

he'll be charged.

evidence has to be collected.

a white van was implicated in 2 accidents but witness statements need gathered to build a solid case and prove that it was the same white van involved in all three.

Every time I go to a bike night I have to shake my head in amazement at the quantity of riders that drink there beers then climb on there motorcycles typically helmet less and ride away. It is these same people who scream loudest that helmet laws infringe on their personal freedoms and that they have enough common sense to make their own decision...do they, do they really? :beathorse:

I dont go to bike night after a bad incident last year. Too many morons packed in like sardines acting like fools.