best place to buy a power commander?

cOoTeR

I would like to buy a pc3 for my 07 CBR 1000rr. Anyone on here selling one? If not where's the best place to buy one? The best price I've found so far is 283 don't know if that includes shipping.

I would like to buy a pc3 for my 07 CBR 1000rr. Anyone on here selling one? If not where's the best place to buy one? The best price I've found so far is 283 don't know if that includes shipping.

I just pulled one off my bike because it wasn't responding correctly when DTM Brian was tuning my bike. I replaced It with a Bazazz unit which seem to work much better. The bazazz actually controls all 8 injectors vs. 4. 58cycle is selling them for $298 with free shipping I believe.

I just pulled one off my bike because it wasn't responding correctly when DTM Brian was tuning my bike. I replaced It with a Bazazz unit which seem to work much better. The bazazz actually controls all 8 injectors vs. 4. 58cycle is selling them for $298 with free shipping I believe.

Do your research before the bazazz route, I've heard numerous strories of the Bazazz box frying ecm's. And you do not need to control all 8 injectors unless you've done some serious high dollar drag race only mods to the bike.

I see PCIII's on ebay for cheap all the time. I paid 135 for mine on ebay NIB. 04-07 will all work on your bike.

Do your research before the bazazz route, I've heard numerous strories of the Bazazz box frying ecm's. And you do not need to control all 8 injectors unless you've done some serious high dollar drag race only mods to the bike.

I see PCIII's on ebay for cheap all the time. I paid 135 for mine on ebay NIB. 04-07 will all work on your bike.

I'd be interested in reading up on this research about the fried ecm's. Can you point me in the right direction? All the research I did before getting the bazazz I never ran across it frying ecm's. It would be kind of weird of a device that just intercepts outputs from the ecm and changing those to input those to the injectors frying a ecm when it isn't feeding it any output.

I was looking on eBay last night before the post and all the ones I saw were 300+. There was one for 165 but it said it'd didn't have everything needed to install.

I was looking on eBay last night before the post and all the ones I saw were 300+. There was one for 165 but it said it'd didn't have everything needed to install.

All you need to instal is the PC3 its all one piece. What do you think its missing?

I'd be interested in reading up on this research about the fried ecm's. Can you point me in the right direction? All the research I did before getting the bazazz I never ran across it frying ecm's. It would be kind of weird of a device that just intercepts outputs from the ecm and changing those to input those to the injectors frying a ecm when it isn't feeding it any output.

I'll see if I can find them again, it was over a year ago when i was deciding between the 2. Found it all thru google searches and forum reviews though. And it was somethng to do with spikes in the line if I remember correct.

Uh, wrong...

Bazaaz units are the top choice of most racers. PCs are the ones that are frying and taking dumps. Brand new units and once bolted on, they go ka-put.

Call Reuben at 35 Motorsports and talk with someone that actually knows about them and get his opinion.

Some guys have had issues because they do not clear the maps and lay another map on top of another one and cause issues, but that is due to user error and not understanding how it works.

Get the Bazaaz unit and you can have self mapping and be able to tune your bike in best...

That's because there isn't info on "numerous" fried ECUs...

The PC5 will have no effect on the PC3 prices. They are for different bikes the PC5 is not a new and improved replacement for the PC3.

And they can be found for well under 300 all day long.

Again, it is a better unit and is NEW and IMPROVED over the PC3... The issue is they do not make them for older model bikes. The PC5 is designed to combat the Bazaaz unit. It will include a self mapping feature and better stackability much like what can be done with the Bazaaz...

It doesn't really affect prices of the PC3 that much, but it will in a manner as the PC3 is old technology now. However, it will remain stable in price due to it being offered for older model year machines...

You're right it is the choice of many top racers, which none of us are. Everything needed for the self mapping puts it way out of what he's looking to pay. The bad reviews I talked about were over a year ago as I clearly stated so it could be better now. The PC3 for his bike offers more options than the Bazaaz and besides he's asking about the PC3 not the Bazaaz.

You're right it is the choice of many top racers, which none of us are. Everything needed for the self mapping puts it way out of what he's looking to pay. The bad reviews I talked about were over a year ago as I clearly stated so it could be better now. The PC3 for his bike offers more options than the Bazaaz and besides he's asking about the PC3 not the Bazaaz.

Huh? Bazaaz is going to offer him WAY more. Unless not available for his year bike... Bazaaz can stack, can have a self map option, Q/S, etc. You can do that with the PC3, as well with exception to self map and of course, traction control...

As for the racer comment, you used it first and honestly, racers are where the R&D is done and proven.

Finally, the self map thing is great for street guys as conditions change constantly and they can adjust when need be. A GREAT tool and definately worth the money if need be. If he wants just the base unit, they are slightly more money, but in the end, he has more options. So, the Bazaaz is better...

www.fuelmoto.com cheap to buy PCIII email jamie on buying one from fuelmoto

it's www.fuelmotousa.com and I've heard good things about them. I bought my power commander from ebay aswell. From what I have heard about fuelmoto, if you give them your setup they will install a map before they ship it to you. While this is not the preferred way of doing it, it will work if you are going to save up money for a dyno tune at a later date. The only thing you will need for installation is the unit itself. You can download the PC software from powercommanders website and the usb cable and software will be in the packaging. For normal use, the power commander does just fine.

May also want to check out one of the sponsors, tobefast.com. They just put up a special on power commanders, your bike isn't on the list but maybe they can help you out.

Edited by Meanie

it's www.fuelmotousa.com and I've heard good things about them. I bought my power commander from ebay aswell. From what I have heard about fuelmoto, if you give them your setup they will install a map before they ship it to you. While this is not the preferred way of doing it, it will work if you are going to save up money for a dyno tune at a later date. The only thing you will need for installation is the unit itself. You can download the PC software from powercommanders website and the usb cable and software will be in the packaging. For normal use, the power commander does just fine.

May also want to check out one of the sponsors, tobefast.com. They just put up a special on power commanders, your bike isn't on the list but maybe they can help you out.

I purchased my PC for my Hayabusa from these guy's and they did insall a map for my yoshi exhaust and after marker air cleaner and the map worked fine.

• 3 months later...