Beer, Metts, Brats and Bikes

balaormiga

I was planning on doing this last year but never got around to it. I want to throw get togther for the guys in the Southwest. I was planning o having soft drinks, beer, Metts, hot dogs and bratts to any biker showing up (free of course). We could set up the volley ball net as well.

My only concern would be making sure no one rides away drunk! Any suggestions?

I could do it on a UFC night too....perhaps in June. Anyone interested??

Do it June 19 and then head over to Shimmers in Covington, KY and see my band that night. Yes, I am a whore. :D

Hmmm....

is there sufficient parking for bikes there? We'd have to go there first.. otherwise no one may be able to ride if we wait for after... LOL

Just a thought. Don't serve beer or any alcohol. If someone wants it, they can bring it. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to be a parent to someone stupid enough to get drunk and ride a bike. At least you can say you didn't supply the booze.

Hmmm....

is there sufficient parking for bikes there? We'd have to go there first.. otherwise no one may be able to ride if we wait for after... LOL

No idea, never been there.

http://www.shimmerscomplex.com/

I would imagine that there is since there is a banquet hall, a ball room and a bar. They are having weddings and such there, I'm sure the parking lot is fairly big and paved.

http://rickcooks.com/recipes/bratwurst.htm

They didn't sell hot dogs at Crosley Field in the 1950's. But they did sell "franks" (some called them "wieners") and sausages that they called "brats" and "metts". These terms were all Cincinnati shorthand for the common German sausages originally called frankfurters, wienerwurst, bratwurst, and mettwurst. Whether they bore any resemblance to their original German or Austrian versions, I can't say. Probably not, considering Cincinnati's mixed Bavarian-Austrian-Irish-Jewish-Greek heritage, but so what?. As a kid from Kansas, I thought they were damn good, and a far cry from the salty, jerky-like hot dogs I had known in Kansas and Missouri. ("Hot Dog" was coined for a sausage sandwich served at the St. Louis World's Fair a half-century earlier and the term had not completely caught on in Cincinnati.)

Wikipedia:

Mettwurst is a strongly flavoured German sausage made from raw minced pork, which is preserved by curing and smoking. The southern German variety is soft and similar to Teewurst. Braunschweiger mettwurst is smoked somewhat but still soft and spreadable, while other northern German varieties such as the Holsteiner are harder and more akin to salami, due to longer smoking. The Low German word mett, meaning minced pork without bacon, is derived from the Old Saxon word meti (meaning food), and is related to the English word 'meat'. Mettwurst can be cooked or fried or spread on rye bread with onions and eaten raw.

What's up guys. I was just getting on here to post up a similar thread. I'm going to be having a little shindig at my place this Friday if anyone want to come by. I live on the East side of West Chester. PM me if you are interested and I can send you my address or directions. This is going to be the last party I have since my wife and I are moving to South Carolina soon...

Sure...my wife will be there----- Oh you meant Luke's----- hey Luke's leaving so let's give him some support!!!

:???: Who's this "Luke" you speak of, white man??