Dilema Of Bikes....RC51 and 636

BennettR32

Cornering on a Twin is super super easy. Roll off throttle then roll on throttle. Running through hocking on my twin is a blast. I might have to change through one gear in a straight, other than that it's one gear through all the twisties.

if it was me id sell them both and get a GSXR1000 But anyways id go with the RC51 but i think you can corner better and faster with the 636

Given they are both ridden professionally, the RC should lay waste to the 636.

DSC01173.jpg

RC getcha some son!

Been through 5 bikes in a little over a year, 929, (2) 2nd gen R6's, 06 1000 gsx-r, cafe racer......never got rid of the RC the entire time. It becomes a part of you. I have four buddies lined up that want to buy the RC if that dreadful day ever comes. Get the RC and never look back, people will give you all kinds of opinions and tell you all kinds of things, but just get on the bike and ride it. The sheer joy of the v-twin sex will make you forget all about the comfort issue and if you are riding it how it is supposed to be ridden your ass will be shifting all over the seat anyways. Also, the Hayden edition looks insane when you powdercoat the wheels white and throw in red stainless lines.

Real easy decision for me but everyone is different. 636 all the way no contest. I have a friend who had a RC51 and an old Honda 400 two stroke triple, he has faster around a track with the old 400. (He is an expert licensed racer.) He sold the RC and regrets it to this day but always has his eye out for another one though. I have ridden with him on and old CBR1100XX and really wasn't impressed with the bike at all. I could make the XX keep up on the road with the RC and had top end over him plus comfort. I could probably beat myself around a track with the 636 over the RC.

That is an iconic bike but unless you are buying it as an investment I would stick with the 636.