new favorite!

owndjoo

So I am currently in San Antonio, TX training in the USAF Security Forces Academy. I have a new favorite weapon, actually 2. I have shot the M4,M16 w/M203, M249 SAW, M240B, and the M9 pistol. Gotta admit that the M9 was much better than what i was expecting. Shot very well, and kept tight groups without any jams. But my favorite is definitely the M240B... ooooh man! Nothin like slinging 200 rounds/min of 7.62 lead down range. the m249 saw is what I am carrying throughout training though, which is still a badass weapon. Trying to clear a building with it is a bit of a bitch though... but the firepower in a room is amazing.

Yea, I keep hearin that. We only put about 100 rounds down range with the M9 to qualify, so that's all I've shot. And I can't wait to get my hands on the M2 and MK19! Luckily I'm a CATM guy once I get outta here and ship to the CATM school. Get to play with all the fun stuff then

You will learn to hate security forces as a whole but shooting is a good time. K-9 and CATM are the way to go. I would much rather be K-9 though... A shred is the better shred!

As for shooting, you will enjoy the .50 much more, and the MK19 is pretty fun too. Shooting HE is way better than that gay orange powder dummy round. Oh well, enjoy Security Forces Tech School... Let me know when you get orders... I may know some people where you are going. Good luck!

I'm a reservist with a CATM slot. So I'm gna b at Wright-patt in dayton once I leave here. Then off to CATM school... I'm finishin up Camp Bullis on wednesday. Love the combat training

Got qualified in all the weapons mention, and Yes the M2 and Mk19 rock! I was able to shoot the M60 before we swapped out to M240. I cant imagine trying to clear a room or building with either of those. :lol: I miss the days of VBSS. Vessel Board Search and Seizure. And The Corps M9s, were they that badly beaten up? I loved mine when I carried. Miss these days.

100_0190-2.jpg

Well they have better 249's to clear bldgs down range than you see in training. Collapsible stocks, shorty barrels and the works. That depends on who you are with though. The M9... Ehhh, I carried it daily for 5 years. It isnt that great. I like my personal weapons way better.

As for CATM at WPAFB... Not too shabby. Let me know when you are here. We can go riding and shooting.

Well they have better 249's to clear bldgs down range than you see in training. Collapsible stocks, shorty barrels and the works. That depends on who you are with though. The M9... Ehhh, I carried it daily for 5 years. It isnt that great. I like my personal weapons way better.

As for CATM at WPAFB... Not too shabby. Let me know when you are here. We can go riding and shooting.

for sure. i'll be graduating here june 10th. then i'll find out all the training stuff once i in-process.

i guess the Army is replacing the m240b with the MK-48. haven't seen anything on it yet htough.

As for riding... Not gonna happen anytime soon. I sold the racebike and won't be buying anything for a good year or so.