Latest rumor about LeBron...

|SnOmAn|

Disagree with you here Duane. He's only 25.... Entering his prime. This next 5-6 years with the Heat should coincide with his skills & physical prowess peaking

I don't think his knee or elbow will ever heal. (the reason's he sucked so bad this year compared to last)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think his knee or elbow will ever heal. (the reason's he sucked so bad this year compared to last)

statistically speaking it was his best year yet :confused:

I also am one of the conspiracy theorists that think his elbow injury was either fake or he over dramatized the shit out of it as his excuse why he didn't win a championship in Cleveland. I mean he straight gave up and the rumors that this move with the 3 of them has been orchestrated for 2 years seem to hold some weight with me after him giving up because if he actually won, he wouldn't have his excuse to leave

Edited by Bad324

I love this post on Yahoo.com Sports.

21. Posted by Richie Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:18 pm EDT Report Abuse

Look.... LeBron gave it a great try at Cleveland for 7 years and it simply didn't happen. In pro sports your useful lifetime is very limited so you can't hold it against anyone for moving on while there is still time on the play clock. Like most true pros he wants to be able to win the big one and his choice to go to the Heat makes all the sense in the world. And remember he is not going there just to be with 2 other stars. At last count there were always 5 team members on the court no matter what team you played for.

Funny...there was plenty of time left on the play clock when he quit playing in the playoffs. LOL!!

I was talking to a coworker who lives in Orlando. He was trying to get me worked up. I told him, "I don't know what you're all excited about. Superman and Orlando are going to spanked by the Heat for sure now." He didn't say another word. HA!

...because if he actually won, he wouldn't have his excuse to leave

Not sure I buy into that one either, unless he really doesn't have an ego. He would have been a hometown savior adored forever as St. LeBron that finally ended Cleveland's curse.... And he would have gotten 95% of the credit for himself, being the sole superstar, besides a past prime & oft injured Shaq

No matter how tempting to become the "new" triplets.... Don't know he could've/would've passed up on that kind of hero status/worship

**Though I completely agree this has been in the works since the Olympics 2 years ago, when he also coincidentally short timed his contract/extension to coincide with Wade's & Bosh's

Edited by Fonzie

statistically speaking it was his best year yet :confused:

I also am one of the conspiracy theorists that think his elbow injury was either fake or he over dramatized the shit out of it as his excuse why he didn't win a championship in Cleveland. I mean he straight gave up and the rumors that this move with the 3 of them has been orchestrated for 2 years seem to hold some weight with me after him giving up because if he actually won, he wouldn't have his excuse to leave

Exactly. Win a championship and you have no where to go. Lay down against the Celtics and it became a "I did everything I could, and it wasn't happening". Perfect opportunity to cut and run like a pussy.

Not sure I buy into that one either, unless he really doesn't have an ego. He would have been a hometown savior adored forever as St. LeBron that finally ended Cleveland's curse.... And he would have gotten 95% of the credit for himself, being the sole superstar, besides a past prime & oft injured Shaq

No matter how tempting to become the "new" triplets.... Don't know he could've/would've passed up on that kind of hero status/worship

**Though I completely agree this has been in the works since the Olympics 2 years ago, when he also coincidentally short timed his contract/extension to coincide with Wade's & Bosh's

They cooked it up two years ago. This was a foregone conclusion and as has been said already the precise reason why he laid down against Boston. IF the Cavs would have won, the whole plan would have went down the shitter.

unless my memory serves me wrong (which if it does someone please point it out)

didn't they accuse him of betting against his own team but there was no proof and were actually betting sheets showing him betting for his team to win? Or was it just straight gambling on other MLB games?

unless my memory serves me wrong (which if it does someone please point it out)

didn't they accuse him of betting against his own team but there was no proof and were actually betting sheets showing him betting for his team to win? Or was it just straight gambling on other MLB games?

Yeah, he was the one who bet against his own team I believe.

Kids.

Pete bet on baseball. Pete bet on Reds games. Pete bet on the Reds, not against them.

Get your shit straight.

Kids.

Pete bet on baseball. Pete bet on Reds games. Pete bet on the Reds, not against them.

Get your shit straight.

Relax there big guy, I was just messin' around. I like gettin y'all crazy about this LeBron character... I thought Pete did bet against himself, hense the trouble he got in?

Kids.

Get your shit straight.

Don't be so offensive to them #43.... They already admitted they weren't for sure. Not everybody can be an all knowing asshole, like some on here :dunno:

Yeah kids....

Like Dad said.... 'Ol Petey bet on the Reds.... While he was a coach & had complete control over their roster & starting lineups/pitching rotations

Soooo.... On the nights he wouldn't bet on the Reds, biggggg red flags would go off in the bookies offices, & he would affect betting against the Reds by his abstinence

When I was a kid, we all wanted to be Charlie Hustle layin' out head first, but now he just seems like a bitter, arrogant 'ol dBag

Kids.

Get your shit straight.

I dunno I didn't take offense to this really because I got the clarification that I was correct. I did a 10 page research paper on Pete Rose and why he should be let back in baseball but that was 10 years ago so I couldn't remember details perfectly

When I was a kid, we all wanted to be Charlie Hustle layin' out head first, but now he just seems like a bitter, arrogant 'ol dBag

I think if you were Pete Rose, you'd be bitter too - considering some of the shitbags that are in the "Halls of Fame" for various Pro Sports.

Pete deserved better.

They told him he couldnt get back in unless he came clean. He came clean and they still fucked him.

I'd be bitter too.