Weight...

alab32

Join a gym! The nice thing about a gym atmosphere is everyone is working out around you. I have a gym in my basement and am a member at Fitworks and the Tallmadge Rec (work ins covers these). If you can work out in the mornings your test levels are the highest. Do big compound movements example: bench press, squat, powercleans, deadlifts, etc. This will help you burn more. Also throw in 10-20 minutes of cardio after every lifting session. Dont focus so much on iso expercies such as curls and skull crushers. Also abs are ok but watch doing to much if you have fat over them. You will build muscle and it will push the fat forward making you feel/look fatter. "Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym".

As far as diet.... MODERATION! I'm not one that believes in quote on quote diets. If I must eat out due to from time to time I travel for work I just try to make wise choices. Scrubway is always a good route (even though the taste isint always the best). Protein bars, pre made shakes, or even a handfull of assorted non salted nuts can all help suppress appetite. A slow digestive protein before bed will help curve appetite example: any casein form of protein "natural" peanut butter, milk, cottage cheese, assorted nuts, are all examples.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not necessarily gaining weight, but my metabolism has slowed way down to the point that I have to actually watch what I'm eating nowadays. In high school I could get fast food every meal of the day if I wanted to and I would struggle to put weight on. Not so much anymore. Being 21 is catching up with me :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha, I've lost 6 pounds in 15 days... (166)

I said I lose weight in the Summer...

It's been hot the last two weeks...

Hard to remember to stay hydrated...

I think I'll start a bit of workout to finish it off...

Edited by ReconRat

Same here Recon I have lost about 7 pounds since it has gotten warm out. My work is real hot this time of year and it makes me feel sick if I eat much at all. So it is a fiberone bar for lunch and maybe a small snack sometime after lunch. Lots of water and powerade. Have cut way back on the Dew which is lots less calories also. Like you said I also dragged out my peddle bike a few times and rode for about 6 miles to get started back for summer.

Glad to see that there are some folks out there going through the same thing I am. I have struggled with my weight since getting out of the Corps. My worst was when my 6 year old was born, I was 238, and on a 5'9" frame that carried a whopping 143 lbs in H.S. I've gotten down to 190 now, and was a low as 181 a couple years back. But I need to be 175, and these next 15 lbs are going to take something extra as I have hit my late 30s. I too try the p90x, but the time just isn't there consistently. Maybe now that the kids are out of school I can get it in every morning since I don't have to be somewhere early with them before work.

Good luck to everyone here fightiing the flab fight!

I've been doing a lot of research and finding what works best for people. My mom has fibromyalgia (Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term,

body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and

other soft tissues) and I've found the best workout and diet plan for her to do with her condition.