FAKE Liter Bikes

fazer1sniper

Back-in-the-day, we used to strip and remove all manufacturer and size and name markings from our bikes. Rattle can paint them pretty, and no one knew what they were for the most part. And we liked it that way.

didn't the lead from the gas eat into the paint? ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slower progress on the 954 than I would have liked. I wanted it test rode and out of here today before work. Buffing out black paint is allways fun. Who ever did the wiring for the turn indicatiors on this bike was a moron & I spend more time than I wanted fixing that mess soldering and running the wire for the turn indicator mirrors. Still waiting on the owner to bring me the passenger seat back as well. I will be putting in for a day off for one day this week and hope to get it so it's out by weeks end...

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0018-1.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0008-2.jpg

didn't the lead from the gas eat into the paint? ;)

It was Lubri-Tech brand of fuel proof lacquers that we used, bought from the local bike shops. They worked, they were reasonably fuel proof. They are no longer in business. Gone.

Yes, in general, lacquers are not fuel proof. They dissolve again in the same or similar solvent that delivered them. Not the lead.

edit: it was probably just a fuel proof clear top coat that we used... hard to remember all that...

Edited by ReconRat

Can you re-badge my 999 as well? All my liter bike friends make fun of my cus my penis is too small and I only have 998/999 cc under said junk.:confused:

Seriously though, that is just useless. I can see taking the decals off, and maybe putting on new stock ones if the originals got messed in a crash or slide, but to put on fake decals that don't match the bike is just retarded. You are not cooler because you have a 1000cc sticker on your bike...its a fact and if I see that person I will make fun of them for lying and for not having a real liter bike just because of that.

I have enough room on the side cover of my 850 to add a badge from a Ford F150 emblem. So, if you do the math, 850 + `150 = 1000. So I would have the only 1982 GS "1000" L with shaft drive.

Must be true since the decal/ badge says so.

I also like the Honda Civic's with the Interga Type R badges too, but that is probably another thread.

Of the 2 CBRs one came in with 900 marking and left with 1000's. The 954 came in with 1000 on the tail. Just finished the job and sent it out today. Only mods other than paint were the turn indicator mirrors & the plate mount on the rear. I am digging the "FireBlade" on the tail.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003-1.jpg

DSCF0005-2.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

Got 2 more bikes to catch up on now...