boycott BP?

cOoTeR

I just saw on the news that people are pushing for a boycott of BP due to the oil leak in the gulf. Im all for it haven't been to a BP for years. I think its bull that if I were to be seen leaking oil from a boat in buckeye lake I would be forced to pay huge fines. BP is destroying a large part of the ecosystem and there isnt much of a public outcry. I understand it was an accident but come on. This is big its destroying areas that several birds use when they migrate south and make baby birds. Taking one species out can have drastic affects on our nation. That's just one small issue that can come of this issue. Why is it more people are not pissed off about this. It's as if its ok to destroy our nation as long as it doesn't raise gas prices.wtf?

Good luck... BP is ingrained a lot more than just those green gas stations. You're hurting the owners of those stations more than the big corporate conglomerate anyway.

I'm sure BP is hedged/diversified in their competitors and across other industries. So, unless you plan on researching everything BP is invested in and boycotting those too... you probably aren't going to do much fiscal damage.

Though, your outrage has been noted.

I think it's a stupid idea. The government should be giving them tax breaks for all the money they are losing from this accident. They are a vital part of our economy and people wish to cause them harm, what a bunch of dumbfucks.

New Orleans was build under water and the expense of protecting the stupid place is more than the tax revenue coming out of it and the same dumbfucks wanted to put money into it.

The taxes BP pays is worth protecting way more than a few worthless birds.

I think it's a stupid idea. The government should be giving them tax breaks for all the money they are losing from this accident. They are a vital part of our economy and people wish to cause them harm, what a bunch of dumbfucks.

New Orleans was build under water and the expense of protecting the stupid place is more than the tax revenue coming out of it and the same dumbfucks wanted to put money into it.

The taxes BP pays is worth protecting way more than a few worthless birds.

Wow, a logical post from a black guy? :D

The port of New Orleans is very important and the cost to protect it is worth it. The homes that were destroyed not so much. We could have given everyone of them a 300K home in a safe area and saved money.

Boycotting BP will not hurt them for the reasons Justin mentioned. Why would anyone wish harm to a company that pays taxes and employs people, especially in a time where they are losing so much money from this oil leak? I just don't get how some people think.

Taking one species out can have drastic affects on our nation.

As drastic as losing oil production from a company that fuels the tractors, that harvest the grain, that gets put on trucks which are fueled by BP as well, to deliver to your supermarket which is run on electricity produced using BP fuels, so that you can drive your car (run on BP) to purchase food, to feed your family?

It's all engrained.

Besides, no way in hell I'm using Speedway fuels in any of my machines. I'd rather pour straight water into the tanks.

We bitch that fuel prices are to high. We bitch that most of our fuel comes from over seas. We can't have our cake and eat it to folks. Sometimes shit just happens. Until we open our eyes and wallets to alternative energy this kinda thing will happen. Price of keeping the population in cheap oil.

My impression (from the media, so it's probably completely incorrect) is that this accident was preventable, caused by greed and unwillingness to slow down and take proper precautions.

Yeah they're a major employer, but their major fu^&* up is going to have long lasting effects, not to mention how much oil they just threw away into the environment. This is far larger in scope than a few 'worthless' birds.

Some higher ups should be doing some time in the big house with the butt pirates for this, I think.

As drastic as losing oil production from a company that fuels the tractors, that harvest the grain, that gets put on trucks which are fueled by BP as well, to deliver to your supermarket which is run on electricity produced using BP fuels, so that you can drive your car (run on BP) to purchase food, to feed your family?

It's all engrained.

Besides, no way in hell I'm using Speedway fuels in any of my machines. I'd rather pour straight water into the tanks.

Not to mention the plastics, the textiles, and much more that come from that oil, and on and on...

My impression (from the media, so it's probably completely incorrect) is that this accident was preventable, caused by greed and unwillingness to slow down and take proper precautions.

Yeah they're a major employer, but their major fu^&* up is going to have long lasting effects, not to mention how much oil they just threw away into the environment. This is far larger in scope than a few 'worthless' birds.

Some higher ups should be doing some time in the big house with the butt pirates for this, I think.

The preventive measures were in place but they failed, shit happens. That rig has been awarded safety awards for being one of the safest in use by the people who write and enforce safety measures, again shit happens.

Way more oil than that gets leaked into the waters everyday, it is spread out more but that's the way the oceans work. I do think it's a shame all the oil went to waste when we had it in the supply line.

I see nothing criminal here to warrant jail time for anyone. Everything that could be done was done, why would BP risk losing all that oil just to cut some corners?

I've used Speedway since you were in elementary school and never had a problem in any of my vehicles I've owned.:p I love the $100 gas card after a certain amount of speedy reward points too. :cool:

You know... it uses more energy than it creates' date=' is high maintenance, and doesn't move very quickly. It kind of reminds me of the last one I had, but just a shade darker.[/quote']

quoted for teh funniez

Speaking of funniez.... BP's PR has a twitter feed.

http://twitter.com/BPGlobalPR

The good news: Mermaids are real. The bad news:

They are now extinct. #bpcares

Jesus walked on water and soon you can too!

(Please pray for BP, we're losing a lot of oil).

Negative people view the ocean as half empty of

oil. We are dedicated to making it half full. Stay positive America! #IwantmyBPtshirt

Doing our best to turn oil into oilinade. So far

the stuff tastes TERRIBLE.

(It's a joke, btw --

Fake BP Public Relations)