Skull Candy on sale $8.00

skulls

OK im addicted to the skull candy ear buds and i know some of you are cause you guys turned me on to them . Target has them on sale for 8 dollars a pair

, so stock up , thats like half price from last time i bought them !!

got me all excited here. i have a set of the ink'd buds that my gf keeps stealing so i went to pick her up a set. but the sale is the lower end Dub buds. got her some anyway. not as great a sound quality as the ink'd IMO, but the noise isolation will at least keep her from whining if i watch tv while she listens to lectures.

Edited by smashweights

Same here, I grabbed a set to try them. Sometimes Target has the Ink'd on sale for 8 or 9 bucks. I was thinking it might be so. Dunno, but they can be found internet mail order for 9.99 or 10.99 (amazon). I'm usually happy to find them on sale for 12 or 13.

You know these have a life time guarantee? You can get either a free pair or at least get a 50% off next purchase. Check their website. I got one pair going back RMA for breaking just way too early, but it was probably my fault.

Edited by ReconRat

Same here, I grabbed a set to try them. Sometimes Target has the Ink'd on sale for 8 or 9 bucks. I was thinking it might be so. Dunno, but they can be found internet mail order for 9.99 or 10.99 (amazon). I'm usually happy to find them on sale for 12 or 13.

You know these have a life time guarantee? You can get either a free pair or at least get a 50% off next purchase. Check their website. I got one pair going back RMA for breaking just way too early, but it was probably my fault.

How about a dog chewing on them? Our dog chewed the babysitter's earbuds (not sure what kind.) I think we should replace them for her.

have any of you tried these inside your helmet? how well do the stay in?

Yes we're wearing them inside the helmet. They usually stay put. They are, like many other earbuds now, passive sound dampening. Meaning they cut the noise down without electronics. I tried them onboard aircraft, and they really work well to kill the jet engine noise, and that's something amazing. So they kill the wind noise inside a helmet, unless you've got a loud leaky helmet or something. And the sound range is good, the bass decent.

How about a dog chewing on them? Our dog chewed the babysitter's earbuds (not sure what kind.) I think we should replace them for her.

Get her some skull candy ink'd. Most people like them. If it was the type that sits on the ear instead of in the ear, get the Sony buds. Skull Candy has a no questions return policy. If you destroy them, they will send a 50% off on next purchase. I suspect you have to buy from the website, so it doesn't save as much as I think. But it's better than nothing. If the darn things just stop working, they will send new ones. I do hear that some people wait forever to never to get them, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for the soild info, R'Rat! I have been wearing a quasi- in the ear phone with an over the ear arm to help keep it in place, but the sound quality is so-so. Looks like I'll be swinging by Target tomorrow.

Thanks for the soild info, R'Rat! I have been wearing a quasi- in the ear phone with an over the ear arm to help keep it in place, but the sound quality is so-so. Looks like I'll be swinging by Target tomorrow.

The wires do break pretty easy. I buy 2 or 3 pair a year, at least.

Mine break at the plug in the player, but probably because I put it on the left side, and it bends the wire backwards and breaks it. I'm trying a strain relief this time. (electrical tape).

you know, I'm kinda slow some times... instead of clipping the music player on the pocket where it likes to fall off... maybe I'll try a front belt loop instead. That would put the plug wire straight and not bending... I'll just learn to hit the tiny impossible to use while wearing gloves type buttons all over again.

speaking of impossible buttons, I hit recorder on the way to work last week, on the bike, and couldn't get it off... and like a dummy, I deleted the file without even listening to it...