Stolen 2007 Kawasaki zx10

BlackBetty

I am a police officer at the Millersburg PD, and we had this theft 5/13/10. This guy was selling his bike off Craigslist, and the people showed up to get it and paid for it with a cashier's check. Well, the victim didn't wait for the check to clear with the bank and he let them go ahead and take the bike. The bank calls him and tells him it's a stolen/forged check, and now he is out of a bike and $6600. I thought I would post it up on here since the suspect gave the victim a fake name and we are watching craigslist/ebay to see if it pops up anywhere. We recently transferred the case to Det. Estill and I'm sure it will be ongoing as we try to find where the check came from and follow up on any tips.

Suspect was in a green Chevy Cavalier, unknown LP

Unknown description of suspect

2007 Kawasaki zx10r

Blue

LP on the bike when it was stolen was 07NNB

VIN # JKAZXCD107A024949

Any info call

Officer Strother or Capt. Akins

Millersburg PD

330-674-5931

Edited by BlackBetty
Adding a VIN number

I am a police officer at the Millersburg PD, and we had this theft 5/13/10. This guy was selling his bike off Craigslist, and the people showed up to get it and paid for it with a cashier's check. Well, the victim didn't wait for the check to clear with the bank and he let them go ahead and take the bike. The bank calls him and tells him it's a stolen/forged check, and now he is out of a bike and $6600. I thought I would post it up on here since the suspect gave the victim a fake name and we are watching craigslist/ebay to see if it pops up anywhere. We recently transferred the case to Det. Estill and I'm sure it will be ongoing as we try to find where the check came from and follow up on any tips.

Suspect was in a green Chevy Cavalier, unknown LP

Unknown description of suspect

2007 Kawasaki zx10r

Blue

LP on the bike when it was stolen was 07NNB

Any info call

Officer Strother or Capt. Akins

Millersburg PD

330-674-5931

What color bike was it

Yeah, I would be upset if it happened to me, along with alot of other things that can happen to people. Population of Millersburg is a little under 4,000 right now, so it makes it easier for us to be more of a personalized department than bigger cities. We have ten full time officers including myself and normally there is one guy on patrol and one dispatcher working, exept friday and saturday we have 2 on the road. We get alot of "runoff" from Wooster and Coshocton so we are pretty busy most of the time.

Haha......I'm not going to give anything away, but definitely don't speed anytime. The guys put alot of tickets into circulation. And they give even more warnings, so don't get me wrong......just sayin'.....we stay active. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Got the VIN just incase the plates were switched? I don't know who would be stupid enough to ride around on a stolen bike with the same plates.

Also, it's really cool that you put this up on here. We could use officers like you around here... officers who care lol.

Got the VIN just incase the plates were switched? I don't know who would be stupid enough to ride around on a stolen bike with the same plates.

Also, it's really cool that you put this up on here. We could use officers like you around here... officers who care lol.

JKAZXCD107A024949, I will post this under my first post too.