bike #3 for the season.

redrocket04

Milles are garbage. No one likes them, they're ugly, and bad for your pocketbook.

Excuse me while I retreat to my unreliable, Italian corner of the room.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a one way plane ticket isn't too bad.

Then save some money for chiropractic appointments after riding one of those back to Ohio. Ergos are worse than even my Mille and your ass will be the motorcycling equivalent of a toaster after 4 hours. :lol:

Still TBD. My Thailand trip got canceled, so that leaves me with June 11-21 with absolutely NOTHING to do... And a one way plane ticket isn't too bad.

so you're going to ride a supersport that is designed for track riding and has never previously seen rain through 4 states and 1,160 miles, with arguably as little stopping as possible, going through whatever weather you encounter?

Don's dead on here man, start looking for a chiropractor now. While you're at it, if the bike's still in one piece when you return, you may want to prepay and book your appointment with Pauly. I suspect it's going to need a thorough cleaning when you return.

Having 8K cash in savings isn't too bad of an idea either. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money, but for someone who just hit 6K on the RR, you can certainly pick up a good supersport for less locally. It may not be a Ducati, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing either.

so you're going to ride a supersport that is designed for track riding and has never previously seen rain through 4 states and 1,160 miles, with arguably as little stopping as possible, going through whatever weather you encounter?

Don's dead on here man, start looking for a chiropractor now. While you're at it, if the bike's still in one piece when you return, you may want to prepay and book your appointment with Pauly. I suspect it's going to need a thorough cleaning when you return.

Having 8K cash in savings isn't too bad of an idea either. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money, but for someone who just hit 6K on the RR, you can certainly pick up a good supersport for less locally. It may not be a Ducati, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing either.

It's not a definite, just a maybe. Halfway across the country on a bike like that may not be the best idea. It'd be an epic ride, though. Who knows, though. The guy isn't very receptive to offers once we got to the point of getting a deposit to him. Another $8k in the bank is always a good idea, but even if I buy this, or another, I'll be alright. Again, as my OP said, I hate shopping for a bike.