First time down.

Radio Flyer

Other guy here- glad u were ok man! Not u got the first one out the way hope u get ur stuff andback on the road soon. :-)

Oh yeah, u were on 715 jus west of the dam

Oh! That tells the story! Ask KawiKid about 715! :lol: I took that road without a guide a few weeks after the first CSBA ride went through there, and I skeered myself (and the guy following me) because I don't know the road, although I HAVE heard that there are a few curves on that road that ALWAYS have gravel in them, so I wasn't riding near my limits anyway.

Get that thing back together so we all can ride with ya again!

Oh yeah, u were on 715 jus west of the dam

715 will have sand and gravel on it for a while. the flooding that happens around that dam is pretty crazy at times. last year there were a couple times that we rode through areas that the water was to the edge of the road or on the road.

ps it doesn't mater if you know the roads or not if you hit gravel your going to hit blacktop :(

Not true on either statement.

Those of us that ride out here all the time do know where the gravel is because it always there so we already know what line to take because we know where the gravel is at before we even get there.

And no, just because you hit gravel does not mean you will hit blacktop. Thats when experience and rider ability comes in. Inexperienced rider will panic and chop the throttle, grab brakes, jerk the bike then yes you will go down. Experienced rider wont do those things and will usuall go right thru.

This is all the rash I got. Other than that my gloves, jacket and boots ate everything up. Jacket is definitely still usable as well are my boots. Gloves are getting replaced though.

Definitely nothing terrible. Leather is AWESOME!

0528001602.jpg

0528001601.jpg

Not true on either statement.

Those of us that ride out here all the time do know where the gravel is because it always there so we already know what line to take because we know where the gravel is at before we even get there.

And no, just because you hit gravel does not mean you will hit blacktop. Thats when experience and rider ability comes in. Inexperienced rider will panic and chop the throttle, grab brakes, jerk the bike then yes you will go down. Experienced rider wont do those things and will usuall go right thru.

no not true you only assume you know were it is. you can remember were you thought it was but you dont know if a car has gone through it and kicked it all over the place. you have then a false since of security my friend...

Errr, no. Get thee some training. Better yet, get a dual sport and learn how to ride on loose surfaces.

grrr really. ok lets look at the numbers of people that have gone down to lose surfaces and just because you have training on it dosnt mean you will make it thou any situation. I havent gone down on gravel but i have gotten very lose and saved it. if you hit it in a turn and you have the bike leaned over hard the odds are against you.

no not true you only assume you know were it is. you can remember were you thought it was but you don't know if a car has gone through it and kicked it all over the place. you have then a false since of security my friend...

Yea you're probably right must just be coincidence that in all the years out here the gravel is ALWAYS in the same spot in the same corners. And must have just got lucky on the rides I've led out here when I told people what corners to watch for because there will be gravel in them and what part of the lane it will be in BEFORE the ride started. Just lucky guesses I suppose, and on 715 yes the gravel is always in the same spots. Try and speak on things you know.

Wow, a couple scrapes and that's it. Chock it up as a WIN! Thank god for gear. I didn't have a scratch on me after my accident...just a broken back. :wheelchair: Avoid TREES and you are golden!

I blame myself more than gravel. Going out you have to know it will be there and I didn't take it into effect in unknown territory.

I'm just in shock and a bit impressed that there's actually a noob rider that went down and isn't making excuses for the error(s) made! Glad you're alright and you got your first "get off" out of the way. With the attitude and humbleness you've displayed here, there's no doubt in my mind that you're going to be a great rider & teacher some day.

Post pix of the gloves, kinda curious as to how bad they are.

glad your ok radio....... noticed the helmet never got mentioned. LOL I can see it..... sliding along goin "dont hit the helmet... dont hit the helmet."

Helmet never touched the ground THANK GOODNESS! That would have been by far the most expensive fix!

I'm just in shock and a bit impressed that there's actually a noob rider that went down and isn't making excuses for the error(s) made! Glad you're alright and you got your first "get off" out of the way. With the attitude and humbleness you've displayed here, there's no doubt in my mind that you're going to be a great rider & teacher some day.

Post pix of the gloves, kinda curious as to how bad they are.

I'm hoping to maybe be able to sell these and get some money back. I ordered another pair of GP Pro gloves. Looks like they payed for themselves with some of the safety features they have that other gloves don't. I'm 10x more happy with the purchase after the wreck. Pics don't show it but the leather is torn down to the kevlar in a small spot. Kevlar didn't get effected.

I'm going to need some new boots eventually but these should be fine for the time being.

The jacket isn't even worthy of taking a picture of. You can't even tell it touched the ground.

0529001719a.jpg

0529001718.jpg

0529001717.jpg

Oh man, how did I miss this thread. I would link the response you made to my spill where you pretty much jinxed yourself, but that's too much work. Glad to hear you made out ok too. dam coshocton likes to eat noobs just for fun.

P.S. For those of you who haven't had a spill, don't post that you will get the first one out of the way. There is a MC God and He likes to bring about your prophecies.