bmw S1000RR...

LeNko

Just wondering if there is anything other than the price tag I should know about with this bike... picking one up this week just wanted to make sure ive got all my ducks in a row lol

ive done a little bit of research and im sure maint. cost will be high, and the accessories are extremely costly but ya gotta pay to play...

any info or hidden secerts??

Did you remember to check your PMs with my phone number so you can call me so I can test ride it to make sure it's safe for you?

That's important, people always forget that step. That's how the dealer really rakes you over the coals by telling you NOT to get a second opinion.

That is one sexy bike even with the weird headlights

Yeah, I am with you right up to the lights. It's like Picasso's take on Mr. Peanut. But the bike is supposedly coming as advertised from BMW. And having Troy Corser whipping it around in WSBK can't hurt its image, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Well from the video from brocks it makes somthing sick like 190HP, stock. More power than ZX14 and BUSA, plus you've got a bike that can handle like a champion. I'm lining myself up to buy one soon. It's hands down KING of the streets. Runs 9.30's from the factory I believe. I would assume also that the accesories would be pricey but to maintain it would be just the same as any other motorcycle. I think I'll wait till someone gets in over there head and pick one up slightly used with the pipes etc already on it. Maybe a salvage/rebuild one would be awesome. I WANT THAT FUCKING BIKE!!!

The bmw looks pretty solid, it'll just be interesting to see how the big 4 japanese respond in the next few years....

I hope yamaha keeps refining that crossplane big bang motor in the R1, I say that is a cool concept.

• 3 weeks later...