We need a sales guy!

35RFTW

After the unfortunate quiting of our sales guy, we are on the hunt. We need someone experienced in online sales as well as walk in traffic. If you don't know a good bit about about a wide array of motorcycles, this is not for you. We sell every brand, every model that is on road. We will be doing interviews in the middle of the month so get your resumes in quick to JustinA@800390bike.com. Once again, only the experienced need to apply.

Edited by 35RFTW

ever notice how every company wants someone with experience? how do people get experience in something if no one lets them do it? lol

just something that irritates me with companies this day and age. I mean it's not like sales people go to college and obtain masters. if they did they wouldn't be working for $10/hr plus commission.

ever notice how every company wants someone with experience? how do people get experience in something if no one lets them do it? lol

just something that irritates me with companies this day and age. I mean it's not like sales people go to college and obtain masters. if they did they wouldn't be working for $10/hr plus commission.

$10/HR plus commission could end up to be a lot of money. Maybe you are not aware, but sales jobs are the highest paying jobs in the world...period. Experience is required because we are mid season and do not have the time to properly train someone to do the job. I have hired people that were just getting into a position with no experience and that is not what we are looking for.

I'm not slamming you.

but slamming the entire American industry. everyone wants an employee with all the knowledge and experience of their company to hire. but never stop to think how can someone know all of this without having already worked here...

now a salesman is a salesman. he could work anywhere. but you see companies hiring people but requiring someone to magically know all the ins and outs of their company or have 5 years experience.

and all the other requirements. then you see the pay. and it's usually laughable. I guess there's always a desperate candidate out there.

I've been looking at want adds for the past 8 months. and this is pretty much the status quo

you even see it with lawn mowing jobs. simple $7-9/hr jobs that you have to supply your own tools and work vehicle and have 2-3 years experience. to mow lawns...mow lawns..to simply mow lawns. wow. no wonder we have a 10-14% unemployment rate still.

I have a huge gripe about companies and their hiring practices. they seem to want the best candidates but also seem to push away potentially great candidates by not being willing to go the extra mile on their end of the bargan. I hear stories about HR not calling people because of one silly spelling mistake on a resume. or they think their handwriting isn't up to their personal standard. really? you just made an assumption about someone's work ethics and personality based on that?

our nation is under attack by snobs and lazy companies not willing to do any kind of orentation. in my profession, I have to train a new person no matter what part of the job I do. I might not have to show them how to use a saw properly but I wouldn't care if I did. but I will have to show them what/how to do something at some point.

I don't have a problem with it, some of the guys I work with do. and these are the guys HR always listens to. I've had new guys work out better than guys that have done this kind of work before. they are always the laziest and stubborn ones to work with. they think they know it all, I should kiss their ass, and they deserve my respect. and nothing aggravates me more than someone like that.

Edited by serpentracer

Well said, especially the last paragraph. I have train numerous people, and would certainly not be opposed to training another, given I had the time to do so. One very important misconception to point out about your rant though. A salesman is not a salesman. I pride myself on not being your typical salesman. Anyone who you will speak with who has dealt with me specifically will be quick to tell you that. I like to keep things simple and to the point. I do not have "tactics" or smoke and mirrors to MAKE someone purchase something. I provide the facts and the customer will make the decision on their own. This is how I work, and how I will want anyone working for me to work. It is not an easy task to find a salesperson that can walk that line. Many feel the need to be pushy or pressure the customer into a deal. That is not going to fly at Cycle Search, not as long as I am around.

Back on topic, does anyone need a career?!?!?!

I like to keep things simple and to the point. I do not have "tactics" or smoke and mirrors to MAKE someone purchase something. I provide the facts and the customer will make the decision on their own. This is how I work, and how I will want anyone working for me to work. It is not an easy task to find a salesperson that can walk that line. Many feel the need to be pushy or pressure the customer into a deal. That is not going to fly at Cycle Search, not as long as I am around.

Back on topic, does anyone need a career?!?!?!

Wish I was closer Justin ;)

I wouldn't mind trying out a sales job in the motorcycle world too...except I'm too far away also. you sound like a good guy to work for.

but when I said a salesman is a salesman I meant if he/she did it before no matter what they were selling, they would transition easy into a new job selling anything.

not like being a construction worker and going into a ceo position etc.

Edited by serpentracer

Next year we will be looking for an additional sales person and I will take a stronger look at the non experienced at that time. We will have the time to properly train someone then. I hate nothing more than to have someone that needs training and us not have time do it. Because of that, they will make mistakes and get aggravated when the job is harder than it really is and they get held to the fire for making the mistakes. Bring on the Resumes.

I do, but you passed me over for everything else I applied for there. .......

I thought you said that was Pony?! :lol:

Hang in there Todd.... I KNOW your frustration! Getting ready for another go around here shortly, now that baby Fonz is starting pre-school. Lately, if I even get a rejection letter, rather than vanishing into a black hole.... I get chubby ;)

I thought you said that was Pony?!

Yea them too, I guess bike shops would rather hire someone that cant even spell motorcycle let alone know what parts are what.

No joke I went to IP the week before ROC to get a part for my 1000rr and I told the guy it was for an 07 1000rr, this was his response and I quote "1000rr uhhh thats a Suzuki right?"

Yea them too, I guess bike shops would rather hire someone that cant even spell motorcycle let alone know what parts are what.

No joke I went to IP the week before ROC to get a part for my 1000rr and I told the guy it was for an 07 1000rr, this was his response and I quote "1000rr uhhh thats a Suzuki right?"

^^^ lol. I am not going to lie and say I remember your resume in specific, but what skills/experience do you have to offer the position?