Boot suggestions?

jessecwalters

I guess it goes here.

Anybody have the A* S-MX 1 (or 2) Riding Shoes? How are they? Im looking to buy a pair of boots within the next couple weeks, that are under $200. So if you have those, let me know how they are, or if you suggest a different pair, what are they and why? Thanks!!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/7524/ITEM/Alpinestars-S-MX-1-Riding-Shoes.aspx

i had them, and i loved them, great riding shoe, with decent protection.

super super comfortable, you can walk around in them all day with no issues.

i wanted more protection though especially since i was gonna get into track days, so i sold them and bought the smxr..

but if you are just using them for touring/commuting the smx-1 is a great shoe

Yea I would like sidis, but 400 is too much right now. And yea, basically just touring/commuting, not very hard riding. Ill have to look at the smxr, I haven't seen them.

edit: those sidis arent too bad actually. I didnt even see they had boots around that price. I Plan to go to IP this week and get some sizing on some boots and what not

Edited by jessecwalters

I swear those Fusion's that RSVDon posted up above are the exact replica of my B2's. I don't see a difference in that picture. What is that about? :confused:

Different protection level. B2 is more race oriented I believe. Wasn't the B2 superceeded by the Vertigo?

Yea I would like sidis, but 400 is too much right now. And yea, basically just touring/commuting, not very hard riding. Ill have to look at the smxr, I haven't seen them.

edit: those sidis arent too bad actually. I didnt even see they had boots around that price. I Plan to go to IP this week and get some sizing on some boots and what not

WTF? I only paid 300 for my Sidi Vertigo's

The one's I just posted are $200 new...

I seen that. And I started looking on ironpony.com at sidis. When I looked before, for some reason i thought they were way more expensive :dunno:

No shoes, boots only.

And I always wear boots. Theyre just steel toe workboots. A pain to get on and off. and hot sometimes. So I figured I would buy some nice riding boots.

Ive only worn tennis shoes once, and it was very weird. Ill stick to boots of some kind. :)

Don't buy from Pony. You can find them MUCH cheaper online. I only go to IP for finding out what size I need, then go online to buy.

I am riding in the A* S-MX Plus boots and LOVE them! Great fit, inner lacing to keep your foot in place, and Motocross style calf adjustment that doesn't make you feel like your leg is going to slide out of them like most of the other boots I tried on.

I would have loved to have gotten the Sidi Vortice or Vertigo's.

Check out http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/boots

They have Vertigo Air boots there (only in the solid white) for $189