'bout to get my streetfighter on.

flyboy1011

So last week I got hit by a car. I was stopped and he was only doing like 5-10, so damage is minimal, but due to the old-ness of the bike, it will most likely be totalled out by insurance because plastics are so expensive. SO, my plan is as follows (assuming they total it and the frame isn't damaged):

1. buy it back from the insurance company

2. get it inspected and run it on a rebuilt title

3. strip all the plastics off and get what i can for them on cbrforum, CL, or ebay, or here if anyones interested.

4. commence streetfighter project

So if anyone has any tips or would like to come help me out I offer pizza and beer. I won't be hearing back from insurance until next week so this is a little into the future, but I figure I'd start gathering up ideas now. Let me know what you guys/gals think.

negative on the pictures. I'll snap some once I get it back, though. the lower left fairing is cracked where I actually got hit, pretty much the entire right side is scratched up pretty good, portion of the windshield and right side mirror snapped off and right side peg bent back a little.

Good luck with your build, man. I'm in the process of fightering out my f2 as well so if you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. Also if you haven't checkout customfighters.com, they have a lot of good ideas, tips, pictures, etc.

That's clutch, mang. thanks. I'd be interested to see yours sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

well just heard back from Ohio Motorcycle today. Crash estimate came out to a little over $8,000 :lol::lol:I knew it was going to be totalled but I really wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near that high. Good news is there were no problems reported with the frame. So as soon as I hear back from insurance I'll be buying it back, opening up the garage door and offering beer/pizza/cash to all who would like to embark on my glorious adventure with me.

well just heard back from Ohio Motorcycle today. Crash estimate came out to a little over $8,000 :lol::lol:I knew it was going to be totalled but I really wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near that high. Good news is there were no problems reported with the frame. So as soon as I hear back from insurance I'll be buying it back, opening up the garage door and offering beer/pizza/cash to all who would like to embark on my glorious adventure with me.

do you live on campus?

It seems like you could just keep the bike and let the insurance company give you the difference between the total settlement and the salvage value of the bike. Then you wouldn't have a "salvage" title. Maybe they won't let you do this anymore, but I did it once on a car years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

STILL waiting to hear back from the insurance company. It is taking forever. I've been looking on customfighters.com all day and am getting super anxious to get started. Going on three weeks without a bike. I want it back.

finally heard back from them today. Bringing it home tonight. Total value of the bike came to $1069 and buyback was $330, so I'll be getting a check for $729. Not what I was hoping for, but I'll take it. Trying to get the inspection done sooner rather than later so it doesn't have to sit anymore than it has been. Keep a heads up for a build thread coming soon :)

Edited by flyboy1011

That's rough. I'm driving the same bike and I know I will be doing exactly what you're doing if I get in an accident. Don't worry about it though, you can make some mean looking F2 streetfighters. Check out the F2 forums on cbrforum.com. There are some really useful posts about swapping tails out and whatnot. Great step by steps.

Good luck. Can't wait to see how it goes. I'll be looking for pointers