Free Poker Run $500 Prize

Vulcan_Rider

There is a weekly poker run that happens out by me every Thursday. The run is free and the winner gets $500.00 every week. You must beat 2 aces 10 high to win and if no one on the run that day wins the money rolls over to the next week. Last year they did a $100 prize and it ended up roling over for 5 weeks so if it does again this year that could be a $2500 pay off for someone. The stops are The Park Tavern, Skully Jaxx, The Grille, Razzles, and the Jump'n Frog. Start and end point changes each week. On 6/10 it will start at The Park Tavern and end at the Jump'n Frog. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=12897+Royalton+Road,+Strongsville,+OH&daddr=4280+Shenandoah+Pkwy,+Brunswick,+Medina,+Ohio+44212+to:1813+Pearl+Rd,+Brunswick,+OH+44212+to:1+Pheasant+Run+Drive,+LaGrange,+OH+to:520+Columbia+Road,+Valley+City,+Ohio&geocode=FWBldgIdrhEg-ymvxe4IBOowiDEVqdopldPd-g%3BFTxXdQIdFjYf-ymtBY5ixsAwiDF576WMBAX8aQ%3BFSwNdQId7jIf-yl1xMYAN8cwiDFTdms1Nlpnvg%3BFdDGdAIdiXsa-yndKjeTXaYwiDGl_PpM62DBuQ%3BFR2WdQId0eAd-ylPpmdM6r4wiDETxNzVGmLjug&hl=en&mra=ls&dirflg=ht&sll=41.26053,-81.971345&sspn=0.275113,0.477219&ie=UTF8&z=11

First Bike out at 6 last in at 10. Anyone up for it?

I think this is the same Poker Run I posted up here:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=58854&highlight=Poker

Sadly, I can't make it this week. Maybe next week?

it's actually a different run. This run is free and has a $500 pay out with different bars and runs on Thursdays. The run you posted is $1 and only $100 and runs on Wednesdays.

Bikes meet, go over any rules, and locations for stops.

Ride to stop one - get card (food & beer optional)

Ride to stop two - get card (food & beer optional)

Ride to stop three - get card (food & beer optional)

Ride to stop four - get card (food & beer optional)

Ride back to start - get card (food & beer optional)

You now have 5 cards (or stamps, or punches, or whatever they use to make your poker hand)

Then you said you know how to play poker...

See, totally the same. :)

Is it run by the same people? And what's the catch? You gotta buy food at each bar?

Different people are running this one. There is free food at the first and last bar and they are hoping to make their money off of whatever drinks you buy.

Its never been my kind of scene but dumb ass question - so how does a poker run work? (Yeah I know how to play poker)

For this run you get your paper at the first bar and get it stamped, then you get a stamp at each stop and pull all 5 of your cards at the end.

If anyone would like to go this week it will be starting at Skully Jaxx. 4280 Shenandoah Pkwy, Brunswick, Ohio 44212

I will be going and will be at Skully's around 7. If you want to meet up and ride then just call me when you get there. 216 215 1358-Matt

Different people are running this one. There is free food at the first and last bar and they are hoping to make their money off of whatever drinks you buy.

So its a drink and ride event.. it doesnt sound like a good idea to me. You could end up being this guy.....:eek:

http://www.whiotv.com/news/23930240/detail.html

how was it?

Great ride, the temps cooled quite a bit once the sun set but nothin a leather doesnt help. I almost won it too, I had 3 7's and someone right after me pulled 3 10's

maybe next week russo

Just think you basically have a 1 in 50 chance of winning $500

So its a drink and ride event.. it doesnt sound like a good idea to me. You could end up being this guy.....:eek:

http://www.whiotv.com/news/23930240/detail.html

Only drink if you want to. Each bar does put up $100 a week for this so i like to support them so I buy pop from each bar. Only 1 bar has said anything about those that do not purchase anything.