Tattoo's Post them up....Who got some...and Who wants some...

BornSinner

I am a ink newb. Ive been getting together my ideas for my first tattoo, though i know that cost should not be what i base my artist by, but i have no idea how things are priced at all. Are most priced by time in the chair, or what?

Im looking to get a half sleeve running onto shoulder blade.

What type of ballpark should i be looking at as far as price goes so i can figure out how much cash i need to start putting aside.

I am a ink newb. Ive been getting together my ideas for my first tattoo, though i know that cost should not be what i base my artist by, but i have no idea how things are priced at all. Are most priced by time in the chair, or what?

Im looking to get a half sleeve running onto shoulder blade.

What type of ballpark should i be looking at as far as price goes so i can figure out how much cash i need to start putting aside.

Most charge by the hour. Do yourself a favor and find an artist with a good rep. Your flesh will thank you for it.

• 4 weeks later...
So,do you hang out in blacklight enough to make this worthwhile?

I had some work done that glowed in black light. Probably around 1998?? I got sick afterward, dunno. It was really cool for awhile, but these days it doesn't glow. :(

I had some work done that glowed in black light. Probably around 1998?? I got sick afterward, dunno. It was really cool for awhile, but these days it doesn't glow. :(

That's cuz they were using phosphorus in the ink. It was making alot of people sick so the FDA made it illegal. They have since come out with an ink that glows under blacklight that is safe and doesn't lose it's "glow"

That's cuz they were using phosphorus in the ink. It was making alot of people sick so the FDA made it illegal. They have since come out with an ink that glows under blacklight that is safe and doesn't lose it's "glow"

I figured things may have changed since then. Good to know it is safer and better. I did get sick from it too, all my lymph nodes swelled up. :mad: And the corpsman wasn't pleased.

Perhaps I will consider getting some redone. All the eyes in the skulls in the top picture used to glow.

Edited by KawayZ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got this the other day. My daughter's footprints the day she was born. Of course it is her name and birthdate. The prints are just a bit larger than the real thing and the W in the big toe really exists in the real print, just not as exagerated. It looks a bit funky now as it is still healling, but it is going to look great. A friend did it in St. Augustine, FL. Thanks Nan-C.

0626091954.jpg

This one is all fraternal

P1020428.jpg

• 1 month later...