Harley Rant

bmwnut

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the opinion that the older the Hog' date=' the greater the chance it won't make it there and back... at least not on its own power.[/quote']
"they" say that 95% of the all the Harleys are still on the road, the other 5% made it home........

Fair enough I suppose, the older the bike the more effort and wrenching it takes to keep it on the road. Still I have to say I like the style and the lines of the older bikes from the '40s through the '60s over the more modern styles. Might just be me though. :D

Harley just has not been a bike on my "must have" list.

My friend has a Sportster. Everybody in his family that rides has or had a Harley, so it might be what you know, or been brought up with.

Definitely environment dominated. It's why most people with a bitch mom marry a double bitchy chick.

wasn't looking to purchase a Harley and didn't want to go back to a sport bike (self control issus w/litre bikes), but the VROD was right up alley. Sporty with a good mix of hp & speed. Don't have the desire to do 160mph on the streets any longer, so toping out at 130mph is just fine by me..

dont be mad you paid todays prices for last centurys tech. :rolleyes:

since you're obviously still breast feeding off of mommy and daddy, I'll kick some knowledge your way. All motorcycles are using last century's technology. If you stop and think about it, last century is the 20th century.

I never could understand why performance is such a big focus for Harley all-the-while utilizing non-liquid-cooled engines with less performance potential. It seems counter productive.

I think it's interesting that my 1125R has more performance than any Harley in the showroom. And honestly, I test rode a VROD, and the 1125R sounds way better (both being) stock! I liked the VROD, but why so quiet?

If they were smart they'd have made the XR1200 the XR1125. (Actually while they're outsourcing the engine work why not put a Hayabusa engine in the XR1400) With the addition of some modern suspension, some Pilot Powers, and some small saddle bags; it could have been a cool ride.

• 1 year later...

Didn't want to start a new thread, but this isn't going to help the HD stereotype.

DRUNK BIKER RUNS FROM TROOPERS

TMCNEWS.NET+002.jpg

Carlisle Township – A man was tasered early Friday morning after he ran from State Troopers while they were investigating a motorcycle crash on Grafton Road.

Troopers responded to Grafton Road just south of Butternut Ridge Road for a reported motorcycle that had crashed into a utility pole. When Troopers arrived they found Ray Tomazic covered in grass and mud standing in a driveway near the wrecked 1994 Harley Davidson. Witnesses told Troopers when they rolled up on the scene moments after the crash Tomazic told them someone else was on the bike and he thought they were thrown into the woods. He asked the witnesses to go find his friend. While a couple went to look Tomazic began to leave the area. Another witness stopped him and tackled him to the ground. One witness said Tomazic then started throwing punches so everyone backed off.

A Trooper, Firefighters from Carlisle Township and LifeCare Paramedic then arrived on scene.

While being questioned by the Trooper about the crash Tomazic said he wasn’t on the bike and didn’t know anything about the crash. When the Trooper asked him why he was covered in grass and mud he said earlier in the evening he had been “rolling around with someone in the grass.”

The man continued to deny knowing anything about the crash and telling the Trooper to check the plates. When the Trooper left to allow Medics to tend to Tomazic, he became confrontational with them again saying he was not injured because he was not on the bike.

A moment later the Trooper returned and told Tomazic he had two options, he could go with the Paramedics to the hospital to be checked out or go to jail because the bike came back to him as the owner. The man repeatedly told the Trooper the bike was not his but he would choose going to the hospital.

While walking away from the Trooper with the two Paramedics once Tomazic was around the other side of the ambulance he bolted. The Trooper spotted that and gave chase. The moment he bolted two additional Troopers and a Sheriff’s Deputy were pulling up and saw him running.

Tomazic got about 100 feet before he was zapped in the back with a taser from a Trooper. The taser stopped Tomazic in his tracks and sent him to the ground. Once on the ground and with the taser off he began struggling with the Officers. When they said he should comply or be tased again he relaxed.

Tomazic was treated by Paramedics, who removed the pins, and was then taken to jail.

Troopers charged him with OVI, Failure to Control and Resisting Arrest.

PHOTO GALLERY

So why is it a Harley rant? It takes rider input. There are plenty of idiots out there on all makes of bikes.

truth. I was driving home from the bar last night and actually observed 2 large cruisers (I'm not 100% they were HD's) doing at least 20 over the speed limit as they came toward me.

There was a sport bike a few hundred yards behind traveling at approximately the speed limit. I recall thinking, "woah. Bizarro-world moment."