Harley Rant

bmwnut

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't spend much riding time on freeways so I can't relate to you. I only wave on 2 lane roads. The retards that wave on the interstate way on the other side of the dividers make me laugh and think they're newbs. I had one guy the other weekend not just stick his hand out to the side but way up in the air to wave. That had me LMAO.

I only wave on the interstate if its obvious they are looking my way.. normally im looking to see what kind of bike they are on.

or if i just passed a cop. I do the head-pat more on the highway than anywhere else.

I think it's more of the rider than the bike itself.

Ass clowns are everywhere...

True 'dat

I gotta give props..... When the Sams, Danballa 'n me were on our way from Marysville over to Honda NW for the Roll On entourage, we went by a big group of Harleys? on the other side of 33. And the first couple rows of 'em were hardcore with apehangers. As we went by 'em, I assumed they'd never wave, but they surprised me as the first couple rows started wavin' at us, & I hurried up & replied in kind. I even had to double check with the guys when we got to HNW..... "Were those guys wavin' or flippin' us the bird??" ;)

And when we were pickin' up Casper in Carroll 2 weeks ago, there was a couple friendly guys dodgin' drops on Harley's too. Casper even yelled at one of them when he obliviously dropped his helmet off his bike, & dude was genuinely appreciative of Ben's gesture.

I've got a buddy who rides a Sportster 1200, & he'll take off for a weekend trip at the drop of a hat. Hell, his "new" Harley had 30,000 miles on it within a couple years. Course.... He had to adjust the valves at that point & it was leakin' a little oil :D

A Horse, the Chicken, and a Harley....

On the farm lived a chicken and a horse, both of whom loved to play together. *

One day the two were playing, when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink. *

Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get *the farmer for help! *

Off the chicken ran, back to the farm. Arriving at the farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor.

Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley.

Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life. *

Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him.

After tying the other end to the rear bumper of the farmer's bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and, with the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse!

Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse, and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals. *

A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon, he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life! *

The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle. *

Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thingy and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story?? (yep, you betcha, there is a moral!) *

'When You're Hung Like A Horse, You Don't Need A Harley To Pick Up Chicks! *

A Horse, the Chicken, and a Harley....

On the farm lived a chicken and a horse, both of whom loved to play together. *

One day the two were playing, when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink. *

Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get *the farmer for help! *

Off the chicken ran, back to the farm. Arriving at the farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor.

Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley.

Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life. *

Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him.

After tying the other end to the rear bumper of the farmer's bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and, with the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse!

Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse, and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals. *

A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon, he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life! *

The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle. *

Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thingy and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story?? (yep, you betcha, there is a moral!) *

'When You're Hung Like A Horse, You Don't Need A Harley To Pick Up Chicks! *

lol :D:D:D

Just curious about something. I agree it's often the rider as opposed to the bike they're on, and I'm no fan of any harley that rolled off the assembly line after 1969, but I see some people commenting on the stupid prices of a new harley that has the same old tech. What about the old school vintage harleys? Is the general opinion that all harleys are crap or does the age of the bike make a difference? Just wondering