windscreen...yes or no?

Steve Butters

0617100931.jpg

0617100932.jpg

had this thing laying around and got bored today and put it on....i cant tell if i like it or not lol

what do you guys think?

leaving it on for the ride on saturday to see how functional it feels, i heard even these small shield keep a lot of wind off your chest...

just not sure on the appearance of it, perhaps it has to grow on me

If you are going for looks over functionality, take it off. If it helps, leave it on.

this is what im thinking.... if it helps a ton, ill leave it...but if its not hardly noticeable or doesnt make some vast improvement, im thinking ill take it off...but ive had a few people say they like it, and a few say no...and im kinda up in the air about it myself at the moment

It will make a big difference at freeway speeds.

thats what everybody tells me...i just dont see how with it being so small lol

i have to go to OU tomorrow in athens for orientation, and ill be taking the bike...so ill find out tomorrow if it helps on the highway...thatll be a boring ride down 33 lol :(

thats what everybody tells me...i just dont see how with it being so small lol

i have to go to OU tomorrow in athens for orientation, and ill be taking the bike...so ill find out tomorrow if it helps on the highway...thatll be a boring ride down 33 lol :(

Size does not matter "in this case" it redirects the wind. The huge ones you see on other crusiers block rain and bugs. The small ones just get the wind off you and the difference will be huge above 50 or so.

I like these shields like this. I think it looks pretty cool, almost like the headlight cowls I've seen popping up some cruisers like the V-rod and bif Suzuki Boulevard.

I bet it at least bounces the bugs over your head instead of into your mouth. :)

I like these shields like this. I think it looks pretty cool, almost like the headlight cowls I've seen popping up some cruisers like the V-rod and bif Suzuki Boulevard.

I bet it at least bounces the bugs over your head instead of into your mouth. :)

lol i wear a fullface, every time im on it...no bugs for me!

Hell, you may as well buy a 'busa. :p

I wear a face shield most of the time too.

lol ide never drop that kinda coin into this bike!!

ide buy a b-king before i went that far with it

just came across that pic while googling custom maxes to see any one else using this screen, and thought it was neat so i posted it

not only does the windshield help a TON above 60mph, it also serves as a sweet place for a cop to place a parking ticket....ill be keeping it on

rode the bike to my student orientation at OU today to save gas, but i got a ticket for not parking in the motorcycle section, i was in the parking lot for cars....like it fuckin matters...i wasnt taking up any more space than a car, and i was in a spot in the corner of the lot not harming anybody....i shoulda just drove my truck and enjoyed the radio and a/c ffs, it woulda cost me the same

my orientation letter said to park in that lot, it didnt mention anything about motorcycle parking, so how was i supposed to know that i cant park my bike there...i was just parking where i was told to park...and no, there wasnt bike parking in that lot

filing an appeal on it

Edited by Steve Butters

The tiny Honda flyscreen on mine is just enough to take the wind off at freeway speeds.

It results in much less neck strain when on a long ride into a head wind. It's worth it just for that.

edit: I think the OU has some strange ticket rules. Most places a bike can park wherever it wants.