dyna beads balancing

oldschoolsdime92

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not used them personally, but I know a few (1000rrrrrrrider) uses them, and swears by them. Also, a lot of big trucks use them.

I've not used them "yet" but after talking to Todd (1000RRRider) about them awhile ago, I have plans to try them.

who wants some fresh snake oil? get your snake oil here!

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather KNOW my tires are balanced than HOPE they are.

care to elaborate more?

This it the reply you should be asking to elaborate... I'm guessing that serpentracer doesn't like them.

my kit came with a small bag and a bigger bag. I assume one is an ounce and the other is two ounces. How much did you use?

I had a 3oz bag I split in half. Put 1.5 in my back and saved the other 1.5 for my front. The bad should say what the weight is. Just make sure you put them in the tire when you mount it, not after it's mounted. You'll be sucking trying to get them in your valve stem.

my step father has used them in his semi tires for a couple years and a friend of mine uses them for his cruiser and really likes them. i'm not sure, though, how they would work in a high speed application like sport riding or track riding, but cant imagine they would give any problems.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather KNOW my tires are balanced than HOPE they are.

Stick on weights will balance the tire when you do it. This will change as the tire wears which is why people rotate and balance their car tires. Physically speaking, beads will continually balance the tire even as the tires wear.

my plan was to take the valve core out and put them in with the little bottle and funnel it came with...

So you aren't replacing the tire? I guess you could funnel them then. Make sure the tire doesn't have any moisture in it (like from a bad compressor). You're beads will get stuck in the stem.

Stick on weights will balance the tire when you do it. This will change as the tire wears which is why people rotate and balance their car tires. Physically speaking, beads will continually balance the tire even as the tires wear.

only in theory.

you never know if they are working or not.

So you aren't replacing the tire? I guess you could funnel them then. Make sure the tire doesn't have any moisture in it (like from a bad compressor). You're beads will get stuck in the stem.

I think the dyna beads are packaged different than what you used. Same thing, just different way of doing it, same result.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather KNOW my tires are balanced than HOPE they are.... only in theory. you never know if they are working or not.

No theory, just physics. The heavy spot of a tire will always impact the road surface with the most force. After a period of miles, that heavy spot will cease to be the heavy spot, but your tire weights are still on the rim as if the original heavy spot is still the heavy spot.

Sometimes low tech is the best solution

i just got new rubber a month ago, and i've noticed that on longer rides my hands start to go "pins and needles" where they never did before. i don't notice any more vibration, but i'd have to guess that there is. wonder how these would work on already "balanced" wheels?