Friendly hand wave signals as bikers pass by

sbutcher

:rolleyes: What are the friendly hand wave signals mean as 2 bikers pass by each other in opposite directions?

I researched it on Google and came up with this:

One finger pointed down - Harley owner (#1)

Two fingers pointed out and/or down - V Twin

Two fingers up - Peace (No animosity)

Two fingers out - Rider Brotherhood

Palm out and down - Cruiser wave

Tight fist no higher than shoulder - Vet to Vet wave, also Black to Black Sports Biker wave

Finger pointed out and held toward other rider - I know you or we share some incredibly obvious in common

Fingers up while heel rests on grip - Common Sports Bike wave, Cruiser wave if not sure to commit or not

Hand up with palm facing out - Scooter/Moped wave

Granny Clampett wave with arm high and palm wagging back and forth - Gold Wing and/or new rider wave

Dead End wave - Hand hanging down below knee - Was going to wave but... 1) you didn't wave first, 2) you don't have a bike equal to mine, 3) didn't meet enough "cool" criteria to continue the wave.

Thumb Up - Looking good or a positive reply (I'm OK) (Derogatory sign in Australia and New Zealand according to my friends from there, implies buggering)

OK sign - A question (Do you need help?, Are you OK?)

Left thumb repeatedly jerked over the back of your head - Telling someone blocking the passing lane or on a cell phone to get the hell off the road to the right (done after passing the intended target and riding where you can be clearly seen)

One finger salute - Middle finger held high to imply feeling of negativity toward another

choppersmiley.gif

Any other meanings?

:rolleyes: What are the friendly hand wave signals mean as 2 bikers pass by each other in opposite directions?

:wtf::nono: Dude, it's just a wave from one biker to another biker, all of those "meanings" are bullshit. At least as far as I'm concerned.

blah blah blah

Any other meanings?

No. Two fingers for keeping two tires on the ground or shiny side up. Flat hand or other variation waves are OK as well, as long as the waving gesture is given. No other meanings.

:banana: It's just conversational, don't flip out.
Whoa easy there Hulk

I wasn't flippin out, just sayin, its just a wave man. There is no hidden meaning.

It's no different than people that drive jeeps wavin or noddin to each other,

or people with bikes on top their cages wavin/nodding to each other, its just

acknowledgement of each other by two people that have a common interest.